Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 Lx Rear K Member Swap/ Lcr Inner Pivot Bolt Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Lx Rear K Member Swap/ Lcr Inner Pivot Bolt Stuck

So today I spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon salvaging parts at the junk yard for my 91 LX. I managed to find an ex with plenty of good quality parts and I was able to swipe the ex cross member, sway bar, and linkage.
    Has anyone had any problems trying to remove the front LCA inner pivot bolt from the rear K member? My dad and I fought this damn thing for a couple hours. Aside from both the left and right inner bolts seized in the rear K member, the removal of the member, rear sway bar and linkage actually fairly simple and straightforward. PB Blaster was used and so was a 5lb mini sledgehammer and that bolt didn't move an inch. Any suggestions? I don't give a damn about the lca's still stuck on the ex k member, I'll cut them off if I have too. I'm worried about damaging the lca's I'm gonna use for the install of the new ex k member. I'm gonna try my big C clamp tomorrow but if that don't work then I don't know???

Here is a close up of the trouble maker

Comment

You got the nut off, but the bolt won't come out? Unfortunately, this can be fairly common. One of mine is stuck, but the alignment of the rear tires is OK so I don't need to move it. I should probably grab another one when I can hit the yards down south again (maybe in May). I have a 12 ton press we can use to try to drive it out. I think I also have a couple of those special bolts as well in case it gets damaged beyond use.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

This happened to me recently.

The solution was to have the LCAs torched out.

It did destroy the arms, but the shop got the job done and saved the crossmember.

http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Gotta love the frozen rear toe adjusters! My quickest method to fixing this issue uses a 4 1/2" angle grinder with a 6" thin cut off wheel. The bigger wheel gives you extra depth since the bolts are recessed in the pocket. You basically want to cut the through bolt on both sides of the toe arm. DO NOT take any metal off the crossmember, instead, the bushing is trash anyway, cut through the inner sleeve of the bushing. Then I replace the 2 bushings and 2 adjuster bolts and reuse everything else. You are lucky that the crossmember is off the car, I've done this job 3 times with the crossmember on the car! Sawzall does okay, it can take awhile and burn up a ton of blades. I suppose try the 12 ton press first, that's a good option! Oh, I forgot the most important part, liberally grease the toe adjusters!!!
          Last edited by Granite CB7; 02-09-2016, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X