Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

#1 Cylinder Not Firing! Please Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 Cylinder Not Firing! Please Help!!!

I Need Help!!! My #1 piston on my 93 accord won't fire. I've checked the spark plug wires, changed the distributor (The timing is off because I haven't set it back yet, the car idles at about 1800 so it's far off) , changed oil, changed spark plugs, I haven't done a compression test yet tho. I've check the injectors, ran seafoam thru the car. Let me know what you guys think my problem is. Just need a little help and feedback. The car also smokes when you get on it and the take off is really slow! It smells like gas not oil. Thank You guys.

Have you verified that the there is no spark at the plug?

Comment

Thanks for your reply! There is fire coming from the distributor and I put brand new spark plugs (NGK).

Comment

Originally posted by Hoodrichcb7 View Post
        Thanks for your reply! There is fire coming from the distributor and I put brand new spark plugs (NGK).
        Are you sure that you did not cross that wire with another one ? I have seen people do this and ran like crap . Try switch the plugs around one at a time to see if that make's a difference . I'm willing to bet it's that or you have a lot of oil in that plug well grounding out the plug . Does you're plug wire's just lay on the valve cover or do you use the holder's for the wire's ?

just to be on the safe side you might wont to stay out of the throttle ( NO HOT RODING ).
        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
        How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
        Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Yes lol I have all the wires in the correct place, I recently put a distributor on it, and I have yet to set the timing on it, it's running way too rich and isles at about 1800 rpm so it's wayyyyy off. And yes I have a holder for my wires.

Comment

You didn't really answer my question. Is the #1 spark plug firing at all? If not, then there is an issue... most likely with the wire, plug, or distributor cap.

Don't assume that just because you've installed new parts that they are working correctly. Brand new parts are faulty right out of the box on occasion. Especially if they're budget aftermarket parts, rather than OEM parts.

Comment

Ok so set you're timing . But you never stated if you where getting oil in the plug well . Another thing you could do is listen for the injector to see if it's working . A stickie injector can foul out plugs fast. But fix you're timing first . How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
              Last edited by Accord problems; 01-31-2016, 05:13 PM.
              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

If he's got one cylinder not working properly, I don't know if he's going to really be able to set anything correctly. I'm sure the ECU will adjust due to whatever is working improperly.

The OP needs to be more clear... is it spark or fuel that isn't happening? No answers can really be given without verifying exactly which isn't happening in cylinder #1. Since it smells like fuel, spark is most likely (and if it continues, it will wash out the cylinder, causing the ring to seal improperly... resulting in the need for a rebuild.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  If he's got one cylinder not working properly, I don't know if he's going to really be able to set anything correctly. I'm sure the ECU will adjust due to whatever is working improperly.

The OP needs to be more clear... is it spark or fuel that isn't happening? No answers can really be given without verifying exactly which isn't happening in cylinder #1. Since it smells like fuel, spark is most likely (and if it continues, it will wash out the cylinder, causing the ring to seal improperly... resulting in the need for a rebuild.)
                  Yes i agree but a stickie injector will have the same issue as that will faul out the plug from to much gas .

o.p. here is somthing to try have some one sit in car at warm temp and rev it . then tell us what color smoke it is . blue burnning oil , black to much fuel , white blown head gasket . ( devee please correct me if wrong on oil and fuel ).

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Those symptoms only show you so much. And a lot of the times you can't even judge such by exhaust smell/sight aswell as no signs of mixture in coolant sytem you can still have a unhealthy engine with none of the signs listed.

If you have took the proper roads to checking fuel and spark (which sounds iffy at best) then you need to do a leak down test but if you don't have a leak down tester (best engine tool I own IMO) you need to atleast start with a dry compression test then a wet compression test to check for engine health.
                    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 01-31-2016, 05:45 PM.

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

You didn't really answer my question. Is the #1 spark plug firing at all? If not, then there is an issue... most likely with the wire, plug, or distributor cap.

Don't assume that just because you've installed new parts that they are working correctly. Brand new parts are faulty right out of the box on occasion. Especially if they're budget aftermarket parts, rather than OEM parts.
                      I apolygize im new to the CB7 Tuner site, and yes there is spark coming from the spark plug.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                        Ok so set you're timing . But you never stated if you where getting oil in the plug well . Another thing you could do is listen for the injector to see if it's working . A stickie injector can foul out plugs fast. But fix you're timing first . How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                        My buddy is gonna come to my house and help me set the timing. Or im going to do it myself. And when I checked to see if oil was in the plug there wasnt any. and when did the screw driver method to hear if the injector was working I didnt hear a sound. But I have also ran seafoam and injector treatment thru the system. And I will be sure to fix my timing first! thank you for your help man!

Comment

What im going to do is im going to take off the injector and check it to see if it has a pulse to it. and im also going to take the spark plug out and see what i find inside the cylinder. and yes thats why i stopped cranking it up because i dont want it to wash it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                            Yes i agree but a stickie injector will have the same issue as that will faul out the plug from to much gas .

o.p. here is somthing to try have some one sit in car at warm temp and rev it . then tell us what color smoke it is . blue burnning oil , black to much fuel , white blown head gasket . ( devee please correct me if wrong on oil and fuel ).
                            When I drove it, it looked to be a blue-ish, white-ish color, it was kind of hard to tell, but like I said when i get on it and its at high rpm it starts to smoke. but when i get off of it, it goes away. When I first got the car it smelled like oil. Then I changed the oil and it smelled like gas now.

Comment

I think that the previous owner may have also tampered with the ECU. Because I think he hit something. Because my SRS light is on, but I have an airbag in the car. And that light, I know can be reset. But the weird thing is, even though the engine is not functioning right, the check engine light still does not stay one when I crank the car up fully. The bulb is in it because it lights up. I also tired to check for codes to see if it would tell me what was wrong. It gave me code 20 which I think is a ELD code (Electric Load Detector). But that was the only code. So I think it was tampered with or something is wrong with the ECU. Tbh I dont know lol. Another thing is that the car has a slow take off, I can mash the gas to the floor and it takes a secord to catch up, even tho its a single cam, it shoudlnt take that long to reach a higher rpm im sure. But my main thing is I am trying to figured out why the first cylinder isnt firing. Im going to work on timing the engine first, and see what that does for it. I am also going to check the spark plug in cylinder one again. I have already check the dizzy and everything is find on that, and each plug is getting spark. I have yet to check the injector in cylinder one, I am also going to do that. And I will give you guys my results as to what happens. I am hoping its not a bad valve on the head. How can I check to see if it has a bad valve or burnt out valve in the cylinder without taking the head off? Or do I have to take the head off? If someone knows please assist me. I thank all of you guys for you help! Like I said I will be posting my results when I have done all of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X