Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Balance shaft help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balance shaft help

Please no negative comments
    I have searched for hours and I can't find anything but contradicting statements. So if you don't know what your talking about please don't reply
    I am using a cb7 for short track oval racing . I am about to do the timing belt. I have heard that I can leave the balance shaft belt off. I have also heard that the belt for the balance shaft powers the oil pump
    My question is what powers the oil pump
    Has anyone run a f22a motor without a balance shaft belt
    At this time the balance shaft delete is not possible

You can remove the BS belt. It doesn't run the oil pump.

You may also want to check out the following

$20 H/F Balance shaft removal.
    http://honda-tech.com/all-motor-natu...moval-2391818/
    Last edited by Tishock; 01-27-2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

The crankshaft drives the oil pump. I have run an F22 engine without a balance shaft belt with no issues.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

it's true , you can run a f22X without the balance shaft
        I left it off on the wife's Odyssey.
        If you want to do the $20 balance shaft mod make sure you get exactly the right size freeze plugs.
        I have a busted oil pump from trying to press a freeze plug in that was ever so slightly large.
        CB7TUNER.com
        Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Thanks guys
          if I don't plug the holes will the engine still have the same oil pressure as it would with the belt on?

Comment

if you are only removing the belt and not removing the shafts, there is no need to plug any holes.

If you where to remove the shafts (balance shaft delete) then you would have to plug the holes and one oil port inside the block to maintain oil pressure.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

my bad, i meant leave the belt off not take the shaft out.
              CB7TUNER.com
              Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                X