Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Automatic Transmission - Metal outlet by the trans mount, what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Transmission - Metal outlet by the trans mount, what is it?

These aren't my pics..

This pic is taken from H311RA151N's post http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204130.
    I am trying to troubleshoot a leak around my tranny and saw that this outlet had no hose attached to it and my oil mess is way worse than that pic... It has crud all over the housing,starter, and under that area. What the hell is it? It's not the cooler lines because they are around the vss and the solenoids.

This one is taken from online also, but it is on the right of the transmission. If you look at this one, it has a hose attached to it with a clamp, but the hose is cut off... Look at the bolts where the transmission mount would go.

I don't have an auto trans, but that may be for the cooler line from the radiator?

Comment

At first I thought so, but they are already attached towards the left of the tranny :/. When my buddy whose been working on hondas lifelong diy took a quick look, he wasn't sure either and thought it was the oil cooler lines. he mentioned he might've seen them before only once or twice. So Idk.. maybe just gonna block it off.

Comment

Do not block it off. It's just the breather tube. Manual trans also have them. It should have a small hose attached to it thats routs it to a slightly higher position. Have you checked your trans fluid level, it may have been overfilled?

Below is one example of the little tube #7 in 2001 accord auto

Last edited by Tishock; 01-24-2016, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Yes after much research I found it is a breather tube.. But there is fluid around it so I believe it is the banjo bolt under it. My transmission is suffering from low fluid and I believe it may have been overfilled before too, so I'm sure it is a culprit. :/

Comment

Working...
          X