Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil problems

ok so i changed my oil 2 days ago while i was changing it i noticed its way more than 4 quarts it turned out to be 6 so i filled her up with 4 an took a test drive she died out on me while i was at a stop sign the oil light an battery light came on idk whats wrong an help would be great

The battery and oil light should always be on when the engine isn't running and the key in the on position. I believe your observations are a coincidence.

Did it start back up?
    Did it die again?
    Notice any change in performance?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

the car will start back up but will die at any stop light an performance wise nothing my idle is smooth an constant until i come to a stop itll shake hard then die

Comment

changing oil shouldnt do that, did you bump anything while under the hood? sounds to me like you need your TPS calibrated..or maybe you have a vac leak. good luck

Comment

theres no vac leak i checked an i havent done anything but change the valve cover gaskets

Comment

Is your oil level at the proper level currently?

Comment

yea its at the full line on the dipstick

Comment

Originally posted by romonharvey View Post
                the car will start back up but will die at any stop light an performance wise nothing my idle is smooth an constant until i come to a stop itll shake hard then die
                If it idles normally, but dies on the transition back to an idle, than you most likely have a problem with the idle control system somewhere. You might want to check things like your mechanical idle (the idle screw) and the various sensors. Small vacuum leaks might cause that too if they are in certain areas. You may also want to check your ECU for fault codes. It could be a problem with the IAC valve, or fast idle valve, but those will usually throw a code, which is why I suspect someone may have jacked with the idle screw at some point.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                X