Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need some help finding parts for F20B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some help finding parts for F20B

I am going to swap an f20b into my 91 lx within the next couple of months. went and picked it up tues!!! I need some advice as to some reputable dealers/distributors to get some parts... I need to find a good place to order a socketed p28, clutch, flywheel, injectors etc... I know I could use a lot of what is already on my f22 but i'd rather keep in whole and buy new parts. I find all kinds of things all over ebay but I don't know who I can and cant trust... if anyone knows of some reputable dealers I can order things from it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

www.rockauto.com
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Those sources are good. Otherwise, you're pretty much left with ebay, facebook, craigslist, and forums to find anything else. Your best bet is to educate yourself enough to identify good parts from crap parts, and buy with caution.

It's a shame you already bought the engine. I would strongly recommend an H22A over the F20B, for a number of reasons.

Primarily, the H22A comes in OBD1 form, meaning you don't need to get a custom tuned ECU (which will NEVER be as good as a factory tune). The F20B was never sold by Honda in the US, so when any parts specific to that engine break, you will need to find overseas sources for those parts. That won't be quick, and it won't be cheap. With an H22A, if something breaks, you can just run down to the local Honda dealership or parts store and get the replacement parts you need. The H22A swap is also so well-documented that it might as well have been a stock engine in the CB7.
      The H22A provides a broader, more usable powerband anyway. It's superior to the F20B in pretty much every way.

If you got the F20B for a good deal, I'd suggest selling it to someone else for what you paid (or a small profit, if that can be done), and picking up an H22A instead. With an H22A, the concerns you have in this thread would cease to exist.

Comment

yes, I understand... I have already asked you about which you would prefer on facebook and you told me the H... you actually made my mind up as to getting the H but I got it by trading and I got a very good deal on the k series I traded for it... when I got there I had all intentions of getting the H but he wasn't going for it so I took the F... I traded an engine I had no use for, for an engine I could use... maybe I could find someone to trade for an H... it already has a kaizenspeed balance shaft removal kit, an h22 obd1 distributor and an h22a4 intake and throttle body... I've been lookin on ebay but I don't know what dealers are good and which I should stay away from... thanks for the advice... I might try to sell or trade for an H

Comment

I'd be wary of an engine that was already someone's swap... but at least you have those parts already.

Honestly, you'll probably do just fine getting OBD1 H22A injectors from pretty much anyone. If you want, send them out to be cleaned and balanced, and they'll be good as new. It's not a cheap thing, but likely cheaper than buying brand new injectors.
          As for the ECU... that's one of my biggest concerns with these engines. You HAVE to trust someone, or you have to take it to a tuner (and you'll have to trust them as well.) The only other option is to learn everything necessary regarding the tuning of an ECU, and that's quite a lot to learn.
          With a P28, you're going to need to add circuitry to the board for IAB operation, and incorporate that into the tune... or just do it halfassed and operate the IAB on vacuum alone (not what I would recommend...)

Comment

I know what you mean about it being someone's swap and being weary... I've already pulled the valve cover and oil pan... Everything looks really good... Nothing loose, rattling no gunk... All in all I think it's pretty sound... I've found an h22a in a junkyard for 850 and the guy knows nothing about it whatsoever so that's too much... He doesn't even know If it runs. I could get the p13 from that car. I was already thinking of getting the wiring harness so I don't have to hack mine up and I can leave it on my f22... Next step is to go see what transmission is on that h... Maybe I can get lucky and find an lsd

Comment

Wary = cautious.
              Weary = tired.

You do NOT want to use a full harness from another car. That's going to be far more of a headache than you want to take on, trust me. Just add the necessary wires as specified in the swap thread.
              Also, avoid factory LSD. If you want LSD, go aftermarket. A used factory LSD is going to be a decade old or more, and there will be absolutely no parts available to repair or replace it if it begins to fail, since it was never sold in the US. The factory LSD is larger than aftermarket units, so if the factory unit fails, or you want to upgrade, you won't be able to. Aftermarket is superior anyway.

Comment

Everything Deevergote has pointed out makes sense but if your still going to move forward with this engine then this thread should help out a bit.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=f20b+swap
                Last edited by Davids92Accord; 01-04-2016, 07:57 PM.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
                "2SIIC"
                Authentic Jerseys for sale
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Awesome! Thanks guys... Sorry about using the wrong word... My phone tends to change words whenever it wants whether that's what I typed or not lol I know I could prob Google it but what are some quality brands of aftermarket lsd's since I have you guys already on here

Comment

It's just one of those things I find myself correcting without thinking. 90&#37; of the people that I see trying to say "wary" say "weary". That and "per say" just drive me nuts. Grammar Nazi in full effect!

Comment

I totally understand... i'm the same way. I correct people all the time on there grammar... I have nothing to loose!!! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by shaggyky84 View Post
                        I totally understand... i'm the same way. I correct people all the time on there grammar... I have nothing to loose!!! hahaha
                        Their*....
                        Originally posted by Mishakol129
                        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

*lose.

Comment

Hahahaha... Like my sarcasm?? Those are 2 of my pet peeves... 3rd is your you're... Drives me nuts

Comment

Working...
                            X