Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A1 5th gear in H22 trans- Search wasn't very conclusive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 5th gear in H22 trans- Search wasn't very conclusive.

I know this question has been asked since Henry Ford bought his first CB7 but a search of the related threads seemed to all end up with someone saying "i'm gonna try this one day" and then trickle off into obscurity. Maybe I just fail at searching things. Has this happened? Did Henry Ford ever put the Accord 5th in his H22 trans like he wanted all those years? On a serious note, modifying the 5th to fit/buying a custom gearset seem to be the most mentioned solutions. Barring access to Henry Fords fortune it seems that buying custom is economically unfeasible for a 25 year old DD CB7. Is there anyone on here who has accomplished modification of the CB 5th? If so are the numbers (mpg/rpm etc.) posted anywhere? Is this just a pipe dream?

Welcome to the forum
    Tip, try the following in your favorite web browser. This way your browser will only search this site and look for the following search terms

site:cb7tuner.com 5th gears f22 h22
    So far I found that all f22 and F23 5th ratios are direct replacements for the H23 trannys. The only exception is the F22 h2a5 CS, it needs a 2mm shim. But this is not the case for H22 trannys. So far all f22/f23 CS 5th gear must be machine down to fit H22 trannys, either 2mm or 4mm depending on which f22 tranny gears you go with.

H22 M2Y4
    MS = Main Shaft
    CS = Counter Shaft

M2Y4 MS 31.63 - CS 18.48

H2A5 MS 31.46 - CS 20.93 - Only f22 that is 2mm shorter than every other f22 out there

H2U5 MS 31.40 - CS 22.90 - This is the same for all other f22/f23
    Last edited by Tishock; 12-30-2015, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Excellent tip, thank you so much!

Thank you again for the information, it's always exciting to have some indication that something is a possibility and this particular something makes me even more excited for my eventual swap. I appreciate this site more and more as a resource but thats primarily due to positive experiences communicating with other enthusiasts.

On a related note, is there an H23 trans with LSD? I'm planning on an M2B4 but i'd settle for a 23 trans if I could just throw the CB 5th gear in.

Comment

Can we just add Tishock's response to the FAQ somewhere. He really summed up a ton of work in a very short paragraph there. I am doing the F23 5th swap into a H22 T2T4. More complicated than just adding a shim but do-able.

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
          So far I found that all f22 and F23 5th ratios are direct replacements for the H23 trannys. The only exception is the F22 h2a5 CS, it needs a 2mm shim. But this is not the case for H22 trannys. So far all f22/f23 CS 5th gear must be machine down to fit H22 trannys, either 2mm or 4mm depending on which f22 tranny gears you go with.
          I'm not trying to question you, as you clearly know much more about this than I do. But I've always understood that the H23 and H22 transmissions were pretty much identical. For example, 4th and 5th gear ratios for the 1995 H23 and the 1997 H22 are identical and the Honda part number for the 5th mainshaft gear is also identical for the 1995 H23 and 1997 H22 (although the countershaft part numbers are different).

Comment

Working...
          X