Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is this okay? (rear suspension)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this okay? (rear suspension)

My worry is about the left side, I noticed it when I jacked the car up, so I put it back down and took pics.

The right side does not seem to be out as far as the left side is, I haven't noticed anything myself about the rear of the car, but it is still worrying.

THIS is what I saw that made me put the car back down.

Probably freaking out about nothing, but if a suspension component looks off, it isn't for no reason.

Again, the car drives fine from what I can tell, though I was told by a friend that was in the back seat that it feels a little bit sloshy. I just assumed it was tire flex from the 9 year old summers that are on it holding roughly 23psi.

Looks fine to me. The boot's in tact on the ball joint so that's a big plus. It's mainly just dirty, but that shouldn't be a concern on a daily. Have you gotten an alignment or alignment numbers recently?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I half expected to see "will the upper control arm hit my tire?" (because that seems to be asked on a fairly regular basis! )

If it drives straight, and there's no noticeable uneven tire wear, I'd say it's fine. If something is off in the suspension, it'll show in the way the tire wears.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Looks fine to me. The boot's in tact on the ball joint so that's a big plus. It's mainly just dirty, but that shouldn't be a concern on a daily. Have you gotten an alignment or alignment numbers recently?
        I have not gotten an alignment recently, but is the plan when I come up with the funds to get a set of tires on the car.

Again, the tires currently on the car are 9 year old summer tires, and one exploded on the highway a few nights ago so I'm also riding on a spare.

Really appreciate the replies, I'm not worried so much now lol. I just didn't want a nasty parts bill.

Comment

those are buggers lol I smashed my head off em so many times just recently replacing my rear shoes and drums But yea I don't see anything out of the ordinary in there buddy!

Comment

You might check to make sure there isn't a lot of play in the ball joints. That being said, I don't think I replaced the original upper arms on my 90 until about 330,000 miles.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I'm still running original rear upper arms on my 316k mi 93 LX.

Comment

It looks the same as my car and I still have the original rear upper arms on my 366k Accord.

Comment

Same on my accord, 322k miles, original rear suspension.

Comment

Working...
                  X