Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Metal brake line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal brake line

I was installing my 4040 proportioning valve, and stripped the fitting that goes into the valve, attached to the line towards the left rear. I then stupidly cut it off, and tried to use a double flaring tool, but I didn't have enough room to use the tool. Is there a way to remove the brake line from the proportioning valve to the left rear of the car? There's a plastic cover that holds it to the underside of the car that I can't break loose.

You could just cut a little further back and use a flaring tool there, then make up the difference in space with a double-ended soft line.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I might give that a shot, but if anyone knows how to remove these clips, I'd rather just pull a junkyard line.
      http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...psswpeuj2w.jpg

Comment

maybe its like the fuel line in the engine bay, the metal wraps around the plastic and the plastic clips to itself.. because i have seen people order those lines individually

Comment

There is a clip in the plastic you can undo it with a small screw driver.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
          X