Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Jdm h22a swap wiring connector verification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jdm h22a swap wiring connector verification.

Awesome title right? Sounds official. Anyways...on to the questions.
    Vehicle:1990 accord LX automatic.
    Harness: Stock harness from the accord
    Swap: ~95 jdm h22a AND manual transmission swap(at the same damn time)

This is my first swap and over the past like 9 months leading up to it the wiring was stressing me out...well we're here now. Just wondering if you guys could help clear up what I've got going on here

Just want to double check, the harness is automatic so there are a few connectors that wont be used, I believe these are them. Anything important here?

I believe this is the coolant temp sensor connector... but it doesn't quite reach. Unloom and extend? Or wrong connector for that sensor?

Not sure about this.

Or this.

Think that's all I got for now. Thanks dudes!

best thing to do is get a haynes manual that has wiring diagram in it and match the colors to the connector you have. i say this because, honda uses a lot of connectors that interchange. that keeps us all from guessing.

i know that last pic looks like a vss connector.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Yes the connectors being the same for different sensors really screws you. I do have a haynes manual with the wiring in the back but to be honest with you man I have no idea what these pictures mean it's like looking at chinese. The most usefull thing I've found so far is this picture

However, nothing is labeled so it only gets you so far

Comment

I'll go picture by picture that you posted.

In the 1st picture from left to right: 2 pin green round conn. is the fan switch on the t-stat housing, 2 pin green square conn. = a/t front countershaft sensor, 4 pin gray = o2 sensor and 3 pin (but w/ 2 wires) gray = a/t shift solenoid. Wire colors for the fan sw. on t-stat housing: solid blue and solid black.

2nd picture: Yes that is the coolant temp sensor but that connects under the distributor. It should be grn/wht and yel/grn. If it's not those colors, then it is something else.

3rd picture: I believe that 2 pin gray conn. is the a/t rear countershaft sensor. A/t related though!

4th picture: I'm thinking EGR on that 3 pin gray conn. This outta be grn/wht, wht/blk and yel/wht

Since yours is an LX, the o2 sensor was on the front/manifold. That's my take on all those connectors, I tried to keep it sorta simple. You are more than welcome to post wire colors for extra confirmation, but I feel pretty good about what I posted above. I did auto to manual myself but permanently tucked away the wires I wasn't using, so a couple I'm not 100&#37; certain. OT: Also, you can use the old already fed A/T wiring on the wiring harness to your advantage, like the reverse light wiring for example. I used one set of the a/t shift solenoid wires for the reverse lights, the yellow and green/blk which happened to be the manual rev. light wire colors anyway. Hope that helps to narrow things down. I usually take a sharp scratch awl and scratch each connector with the abbreviation (ECT, EGR, IACV...) for ID purposes later on.

Comment

Can we hug? We should hug.

Comment

No problemo, everything looks awesome, keep it up! Post back if there's any confusion.

Comment

Im researching the h22 swap into a f22a1 5spd car and actually found this thread helpful for what ive seen so far thanks guys

Comment

Working...
              X