Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

window problems HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

window problems HELP!!!

So all my windows work except passenger rear. Thus is my second
    91 accord with the same problem. Didn't bother to fix it the first time around cause it was closing in on winter but now it's hot af.
    I bought a regulator from the junk yard and connected it before dismantling the thing & it doesn't work. Any idea guys ? Thanx in advance

check all fuses, then you are looking to see if the power wire is getting power sent to it with a multimeter.

Comment

Thanx Bro , I'll Try That

Comment

Junkyard motors/regulators aren't guaranteed to be good, either. Chances are, the new one is no better than what you have!

The rear window regulators have a plastic piece on them that breaks. It doesn't really look broken unless you know what you're looking for. However, if that piece is broken, the window won't close all the way. That, if nothing else, is a good reason to avoid used regulators.

Also, when installing the regulator, make sure it's aligned properly. I made that mistake in the past, and it resulted in damage to the mounting holes (now I need a new door!) The rear is much easier than the front, though.

Comment

If you have a test light just hook it up to the connector in place of the motor. Unplug the motor connector and hook each end of the test light up to one of the pins in the harness connector. Now try and open and close the window. If it lights up while you hit the switch then you know the switches, wiring etc is ok and the problem is in the motor.

Comment

Here's what what a good regulator looks like next to a bad one. Notice the broken plastic piece Deevergote mentioned.

I got a new Dorman regulator and motor from Amazon. Did the trick.

Comment

I was able replace the broken plastic piece from another regulator in which the cable spool was all messed up. Need some better pics for a DIY.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thank for the help & advise guys...

Comment

Did you fix it?
                  sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

No I haven't gotten around to it yet bro. Just being lazy most days when I'm not busy.

Comment

Working...
                    X