Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

trans question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trans question

sorry about that man I'm using voice typing because it was late at night but what my question was is that any F or H Series transmission originally should bolt right without major mod. either way obviously the questions already been answered but that was what I Was trying to say
    Last edited by 93cb7h22a; 04-13-2015, 04:52 PM.

I can't understand what you're saying enough to even attempt to give you a response. Please edit your post to make yourself clear.

Comment

I are can no understanding wat is it you are am said.

There's a sticky on this I'm almost certain. Regardless, all F and H transmissions will bolt to an F or H block. H series are limited slip. And you have to slightly modify the H bell housing to work with the mount.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        I are can no understanding wat is it you are am said.

There's a sticky on this I'm almost certain. Regardless, all F and H transmissions will bolt to an F or H block. H series are limited slip. And you have to slightly modify the H bell housing to work with the mount.
        Only JDM h series are LSD atleast to my knowledge but im still in cb7 kinder so forgive me if i am mistaken also im looking at the auto to 5sp conversion and dear god it seems like a nightmare i can do the brackets and and weld just fine but once it gets in to the tcu and splicing and and what not i get lost as fuck i would love to have a working manual cluster. The dyi hellrasin did was amazing but since his PB crash only half the pictures are up and that's just replacing seals and welding the mount i just dont understand the whole tcu wiring and the clutch switches and everything on here is so scattered i know alot of stuff is stickied but those stickies are just compilations of completed guides so its hard to find any insight plus i was looking at doing the h series swap again due to the fact that i came across devee saying k's sit way to low to the ground. and buying a bb1 from a yard would cost me 1k complete when i could just get a jdm from steve with lds and low miles for 25-2700 and be rdy to install. i saw the vtec wiring guide i think i can manage that. but if i go 5 spd after my 5 lug this weekend i would just wanna do it with an lsd.

Comment

Well since you're looking at his diy, try asking him on his visitor page or something. He's pretty active and informative, and he seems to like helping folk.

Comment

He's very helpful when he can understand you. If you send him a jumbled mess like that, chances are slim he's going to bother helping.

I'm still not sure I understand what you're asking, because your words are so incredibly difficult to read. I'm not trying to be mean in saying this... but if you want people to take their time to help you, show them proper respect by typing so they can understand you.

Comment

Well I did fix the original post that was very hard to read. But I don't see how the following post is difficult to read

Comment

alright I'll try to make this as simple as I can my only problem is I have an automatic when going to a manual they talk about the TCU and splicing wires that's what confuses me
                Last edited by 93cb7h22a; 04-14-2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

whenyouconverttomanualfromautomaticthetcuisnolonge rafactoryousimplyunplugitandtuckthewiresoutofthewa ythenuseapropermanualecueveryforhseriesfwdtransmis sionwillboltrightupaslongasitsnotanattsunitfromapr eludeshortypesbecausetheydontfitasforlsdthatyoumen tionedinyourfirstpostbeforeeditingitlsdonlycomeson certainh22transmissionsbutcanbeaddedtoprettymuchan ytransmissionyouwantusingaftermarketunitsfromcompa nieslikequaifeorobxthetransmissionsthatcameincarso therthanthecbmayrequiresomemodificationtoboltintot hecartheywillbolttotheenginewithnoproblem

Comment

when you convert to manual from automatic the tcu is no longer a factor you simply unplug it and tuck the wires out of the way then use a proper manual ecu every f or h series fwd transmis sion will bolt right up as long as its not an atts unit from a prelude sh or type s because they dont fit as for lsd thatyou mentioned in your first post before editing it lsd only comes on certain h22 transmissions but can be added to pretty much any transmission you want using aftermarket units from companies like quaife or obx the transmissions that came in car so there than the cb may require some modification to bolt in to the car they will bolt to the engine with no problem

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7h22a View Post
                      when you convert to manual from automatic the tcu is no longer a factor you simply unplug it and tuck the wires out of the way then use a proper manual ecu every f or h series fwd transmis sion will bolt right up as long as its not an atts unit from a prelude sh or type s because they dont fit as for lsd thatyou mentioned in your first post before editing it lsd only comes on certain h22 transmissions but can be added to pretty much any transmission you want using aftermarket units from companies like quaife or obx the transmissions that came in car so there than the cb may require some modification to bolt in to the car they will bolt to the engine with no problem
                      well thanks that really help me out now i can just grab the 5sp off this 93 in the yard while im getting the lines, pedal, axles and shifter assembly along with the cluster. im sorry my dyslexia angers your so much, and i edited the post so i could clarify the question.
                      one more thing how will i get the gear gauge on the cluster to work and is there anything i need to do regaurding the neutral saftey switch

Comment

Devee thanks for telling me about the OBX LSD differential that's going to save me a lot of time and money I just want to confirm reading up on some things on other forums but using obx lds it says I should deburr the housing would you agree with this

Comment

Working...
                        X