Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Front end shakes while accelerating 93 lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front end shakes while accelerating 93 lx

Alright guys,

Just as the title says every time I accelerate it feels like my entire front is is shaking back and forth. It only happens when I'm accelerating though. Cruising, braking, coasting, downshifting it rides completely smooth. Now a little history on the car...

Bought it back in Feb 2015 from a co-worker and it was completely stock. Passed safety inspection a week before I got it. Since then I've put a number of things on it but related to the suspension I have put megan ez street coils, new wheels/tires, and a new drivers side cv axle (it was clicking really bad). I put the cv axle and the coils on at the same time and everything was driving perfect. At first I didn't lower it all that much since I was putting 17x9et25 wheels on and I needed to roll my fenders. So I drove around with the new suspension raised up for about a week until the fender roller came in the mail. After I rolled my fenders I dropped it to where I wanted it, but thats when it started shaking while accelerating.

Now I have check shaft play in both cv axles, there is none. No clicking, no ripped boots. Ive moved rear tires up to rule out imbalanced tires but
    nothing changed Ive searched for about a week now trying to see if there is there is a reasonable solution but so far I've come up with nothing.

My steering wheel shakes at idle when my rpms dip below 900, not sure if it would be the same cause or not but just throwing it out there.

Not sure if anyone on here has had this similar situation but I would appreciated and suggestions or advice on the matter.

Thanks in advanced!

I would check the alinement. Lowering it will throw it out spec. Other then that I wouldn't know without feeling for myself.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

I guess I forgot to mention I did get it aligned after I lowered it to where I wanted it to. I zero'd out the toe all four corners. Would a bad rear motor mount cause it by chance?

Comment

That's odd mine only seems shake bad when braking even after new brake pad and new outer tie rod ends

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7h22a View Post
          That's odd mine only seems shake bad when braking even after new brake pad and new outer tie rod ends
          Warped rotors?

And to the OP, do you have a camber kit for the front by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
            Warped rotors?

And to the OP, do you have a camber kit for the front by chance?
            Well dam I guess I should have checked that first but I got fresh tires on Tuesday the guy at shop said I need right out tie rod before he could align so I figured that must be it. Could i just have them turn would rather wait on buying new rotors doing 5 lug within the next 2 weeks and but now u mentioned that I don't know if I even want to get it aligned I think that if I get it aligned with warped rotors won't get thrown out of alignment again

Comment

Op,

Check out the inner joints of your axles, my passenger side inner was toast caused the exact problem you describe

You have a bad rotor from the description of your problem

But that will be taken care of when you do the 5 lug conversion
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                Op,

Check out the inner joints of your axles, my passenger side inner was toast caused the exact problem you describe

You have a bad rotor from the description of your problem

But that will be taken care of when you do the 5 lug conversion
                thanks b

Comment

Check your motor mounts. Seriously.

Comment

I second the checking your rotors to see if they are warped. This almost always causes a shake at moderate to high speeds.
                    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Shaking. under acceleration

Causes check list

1 loose lugs & improper hub hole size. aftermarket wheels
                      Especially universal should be used with a hub centric ring. This may caused the wheel to be off center.

2 bent damaged rims or tires. Often at times a tire can be lopsided with out being noticed . Caused over time by worn suspension or damaged wheel bearings. That why i tell people who cant afford new tires ,that used tires are temporary fix to a flat because they usually are lopsided, worn or dry rotted.

3 warped brake rotors. This happens when a car has been parked for so long temperature cycles and rain actually changed the dimensions of the rotors also from being exposed to the elements over the years and never wash your car while rotors are still piping hot.

4 damaged wheel bearing to check a wheel bearing jack up wheel and check for lateral movement form top to bottom there should be none or else it is damaged.

5 inner & outer tie rods excessive play in steering only front wheels jack wheels off ground and check for horizontal play shaking wheel left to right have someone hold steering wheel straight

6 ball joints or control arms inspect control arm bushings and ball joints jack wheels off ground check for lateral movement.

7 cv joints a cv joint boot doesn't necessarily have to be damaged.
                      internally the bearings and sockets can be slipped out, misaligned or worn with excessive play axles usually fail from bad motor mounts damaged boots , excessive mileage ,or improper installation.

check thoroughly don't just throw parts at the vehicle
                      has the vehicle been in a accident parts maybe Damaged
                      Last edited by jaykilla116; 04-15-2015, 08:22 AM.
                      a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
                      out with the old and in with the new

Comment

I had the same issues with my '90 Civic. Turned out the front and rear engine mounts were toast.
                        Could it also be a sign of a bad clutch (for the issue below 900rpm) ?

Comment

cv axles will cause a vibration threw the drivetran if they are bad seen it many times

Comment

balance shafts??
                            “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                            ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Working...
                            X