Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 Accord lx EGR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 Accord lx EGR

Using my Haynes manual and other reading this is what I have done. When pulling 10hg vacuum at EGR Valve car does NOT stall. EGR does NOT leak down. What does this tell me? Thanks

why'd you do that? more background info would be sweet

Comment

Idle/Surge between 1500-2000 rpm. Found info online/book thats says check EGR.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Update: Pulled plugs from intake and cleaned ports then run seafoam through intake using vacuum line off brake booster. Still rough idle b/t 1500-2000. Engine now stalls when pulling vacuum on EGR. I am going to try to check IAC etc per manual resistance check. Just wanted to follow up in hopes this helps someone one day.

Comment

Check IAC.....Good. Cel came on and was code 7 so replaced TPS then short test drive seems like that soved orginal idle problems. Now new problem is it will not shift out of PARK checked all fuses and they are good. Brake lights work so that switch seems good. No idea how replacing TPS could cause this. Any sugestions?

Comment

The shifter not working is probably coincidence. I can't think of any reason replacing the TPS would cause that issue. If your brake switch is still working, it's probably the shift lock actuator in the shifter assy. In the mean time, you should be able to stick a key into the slot by the shifter (shift lock release) to be able to shift out of park.

If your idle issue comes back, my normal checklist for Honda's is: check coolant level, check for vacuum leaks, adjust/clean FITV, clean IACV, set ignition timing and set base idle.

Comment

UPDATE: TPS did cause it not to shift out of park. When tps was install closed throttle signal out put was around 1vdc( slotted holes in tps would not allow for further adjustment). I opened up holes in tps and got it to around .65 vdc. Car seems to run better with idle issue gone so after a few maintance things I plan to make it my daily driver again. Hope this thread will help someone down the road.

Comment

Working...
                X