Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Needing help with transmission please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing help with transmission please

Well I definitely appreciate all you guys with the advise on my previous post and just for a little background I'm not looking to do any kind of dragging with this thing just want to make a sweet ride and also make it a little bit faster but anyway ive gotten a good bit done to it from reading some other threads and now the next step so on my 93 accord wagon I've got the f22a6 I've done the swap with a h23 intake throttle body and removed the balance shaft belt and wow already I'm feeling the amount of power difference! The motor was also rebuilt before all this new rings, rods and cams plus all new seals from top to bottom.... now this is an auto and my next step is definitely putting a h23 tranny swap but I'm just curious if anyone would mind telling how hard it is to swap? First thing I'm ever gonna do with a tranny and I haven't had much luck searching for answers so hopefully you jdm experts can help and much appreciated thanks

"How hard" is something that we can't tell you. We don't know your abilities, facilities, or what tools you have available to you. For those of us with experience, such a thing isn't terribly difficult. For someone with little to no experience, and little aptitude for mechanical things, it may be a major headache.

My first inclination when someone asks "how hard is it?" is to tell them that it's too hard. If "how hard" is your first concern, it's likely too difficult for you.

Comment

Haha I can agree with you on that well with everything else I've done with this car and every car I've owned is from research first then learn by doing so I guess I should reword my post and ask if it will bolt right up or will there need to be fabricating done? I've heard before that most automatic Hondas are built for manual swaps already now if this is true or not I wouldn't know if anyone has any recommendations for a thread that might help with this project or if anyone has input on what 5 speed Trans will work best with my f22a6 thanks

Comment

Ok, I wasn't going to post this, but since you asked here goes.

Try reading the Stickies. They are full of information, namely what you are looking for.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

take out your transmission,clean it a little, then put it back in. Thats how hard it will be.

auto 2 auto or manual 2 manual will be similarly easy. it can be done leaving the engine in the car, drop it out from the bottom. get the FSM and look at the pictures, its "easy". Hondas are well engineered. or pull the engine out and do everything you can seal/belt/hose wise, reattach the swap trans and put it back in.
          dropping it would need the passenger drive shaft and suspension moved out of the way for easy access,unhook everything, unbolt the trans mount from trans and remove it, put a jack under trans, (blocks under the engine)undo the bolts attaching it to the block, split it and there should be enough wiggle room to the side and lower it out.
          Last edited by illinois_erik; 02-08-2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X