Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

2 door and 4 door question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 door and 4 door question

There is my wonderful 92. 2 door coupe. at least its a 5 speed. haha

i got it and its had the two corner lights broke, and the drivers side headlight points to the tree tops. not to mention cracked tail light lenses.

did a bunch of looking and i knew about the tail lights being different between 2 and 4 door. but i bought headlights and bumper marker lights. when i looked at the receipt it said the head lights are 4 door only. but the listing on the ebay page says it fit all models. did they change the headlights between coupes and sedans? and if so would that make the grilles different as well? i picked up a junkyard grille for it when i got it and it didnt fit right, but i just assumed it was from the broken head light.

any input is appreciated.
    Last edited by Hemi440; 11-26-2014, 01:56 AM.

Sedan coupe same thing for the front, the difference is model years 90-91 and 92-93.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
      Sedan coupe same thing for the front, the difference is model years 90-91 and 92-93.
      the receipt says 90 to 93 head lights. guess ill find out what i got myself into when they get here. at least they should fit.

Comment

9091 and 9293 r interchangable.. the 9293 lenses are different. They have a slight curve near the corner light.. and the corner light itself it different
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi440 View Post
          the receipt says 90 to 93 head lights. guess ill find out what i got myself into when they get here. at least they should fit.
          Click this
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21193
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Also the grill is different between 90-91 and 92-93 and the grills are not interchangeable depending on the lights used. So if your lights turn out to be 92-93 you will be fine, but if those lights come out to be 90-91 your current grill will not fit and they will not line up with the corner lights.

Comment

And any ebay page that wants to sell you a part for our cars and says it will fit any model, any year 90-93 has no clue what they are talking about. Stay clear of them. Unless we are talking about a radio button or... ashtray :P

Comment

You have a link to what you bought?

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380900704188...S:1120&vxp=mtr

they are all one piece which is prolly going to get me in trouble.

are fenders 9091 different then 9293? this car has been a nightmare since i got it since its a 2door. i know 2 door and 4 door windshields are different. so apparently theres lots of differences between the same model car. which i think is just ridiculous. seems like i cant ever find 2 door parts at the junk yard. im going to get a 4 door deck lid for it though so i can get after market tail lights for it. junk yard prices for head lights and parking lights for the front were almost as much as ebay. and this car needed all the lights fixed anyway.

dont happen to have a picture of how the head light fits into the core support? mine is broke and im wondering if i need the piece that lets you adjust where the head light points, which is one of the places the drivers side is broke. if i have to get parts from a junkyard i need to do it this weekend while i have the time and theres no snow on the ground. and if i need a different grille then ill try and get one or order on for it, not a big deal.

i dont hate the car, but its had lots of problems since i got it. cant seem to move it for a decent price so im just going to fix what bothers me about it.

Comment

You will never be able to see anything with those. They are dangerous.

Ask me how I know...

A friend just bought an Accord locally with those same headlights only they are the chrome version, not black. He could barely see well enough to get it home from the purchase.

Many members over the years have experience and or run-ins with these headlights as well. They all say the same. They are dangerous.

My friend even went as far as installing HID's which are what projectors are designed for. Slightly better, yet still very dangerous.

They lack OEM like fitment as well.

Comment

we will see when i get them. ive put a set simlilar to those in a jeep and it was alot better. the head light on the drivers side now points straight up and you cant see anything anyway. im not going to throw anything away. i dont plan on keeping the car forever. another year or so before i start looking for an srt4 or something. as long as they fit close to the stock ones ill be ok with it. but if the maker light area sticks out an inch farther then the fender then ill send them back.

Comment

Working...
                      X