Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What's wrong with my baby...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with my baby...

Help me everyone please. I was driving the other day fine and dandy and then randomly my check engine light comes on.my flex pipe broke so I assumed it was my o2 sensor being that it's not getting the right gasses. Then my car idled weird I took of in 1st and my car hit 3k rpms and sounded like it was redlining and it had no power I shifted. Once again did it at 3 grand all the way home and it has no power. I checked plugs wires coil vac lines all good I heard air in the back of the block I sprayed card cleaner and it killed the car. My dad said Im gasket so I had him change it (I work to much he has more experience) any how he calls me last night says it's done I started it it idled like crap I drove off did the same thing had less power than ever before and hit 3 grand and wanted to shut off. What could it be. This is my dd and my baby. Any info is appreciated.

Put a scanner on it and see what the code is. That would be a big help to us in helping you.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

Originally posted by DAKOTADEMON7 View Post
      Put a scanner on it and see what the code is. That would be a big help to us in helping you.
      um. the cars are OBD1. Dont offer worthless advice dude.

Comment

Originally posted by DAKOTADEMON7 View Post
        A scanner?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
          You beat me to it. By seconds I presume.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            You beat me to it. By seconds I presume.
            lmao.

for the OP. .manual? sounds like the clutch is going out. For the new intake gasket, now you should probably adjust the base idle if everything has been done right. other than that you need to elaborate more.
            Last edited by illinois_erik; 11-21-2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Ya it's a 5 speed f22a1 it did it before the new gasket I am just hoping it's not the intake manifold it's self because there's not many cb7 parts here with this motor. Quick question tho is the gasket for the a4 or a6 the same as the a1. Reason Im asking is my dad told them it was a 92 honda accord ex 2dr. We'll in there counter it says it's an a4 or a6 not a1 so idk if they are interchangeable. And if it is the manifold itself, what other engine can I unbolt my and bolt the new one to not adding to much stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                You don't need to be a jerk. I didn't think about that. I'm used to newer cars. I'm just trying to help.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dd View Post
                  Ya it's a 5 speed f22a1 it did it before the new gasket I am just hoping it's not the intake manifold it's self because there's not many cb7 parts here with this motor. Quick question tho is the gasket for the a4 or a6 the same as the a1. Reason Im asking is my dad told them it was a 92 honda accord ex 2dr. We'll in there counter it says it's an a4 or a6 not a1 so idk if they are interchangeable. And if it is the manifold itself, what other engine can I unbolt my and bolt the new one to not adding to much stuff.
                  the gaskets at the cylinder head interface are the same all around. the A6 has IABs. Try spraying around again and see if the leak has actually been fixed.

if your intake is cracked, you can use any of them you can get ahold of, the ones with IABs will need a little wiring added if you want to use that function along with the supporting ecu. chances are though the metal is fine, theres more gaskets on the IAB intakes, the vanilla a1's have 3 gaskets...

Comment

Ok thanks he got the a4 there's no leaks anywhere I'm going to pick her up after work. Can you post videos on here? If so I'll post some.

Comment

Ok thanks he got the a4 there's no leaks anywhere I'm going to pick her up after work. Can you post videos on here? If so I'll post some.
                      no problem, you can by uploading them to youtube, then click the youtube icon here and drop that last bit of the youtube url code in between, or just drop the url if you dont want the preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2WwpSJhiB8

if needed..also if you had leaks to begin with and then you got everything sealed up, youll want to adjust the idle to make up for when it was leaking
                      Last edited by illinois_erik; 11-21-2014, 10:42 AM.

Comment

it had a valve cover leak i changed it and all the seals it has a broke flex pipe right past the header and its has a cai the guy i got it off of said he redlined it a few times at the track would that have messed it up? i personally think its a vaccuum some were.

Update - got it fixed lol when my dad changed the valve cover gasket he put the plug wires back wards lol always double check your plug wires. she ran like crap with the plug wires backwards. i was about to change my fuel filter, pump, intake. lol one simple fix saved me $$$$ thanks for all the help guys.
                        Last edited by Joey GT-R; 11-22-2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

To the OP:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178908
                          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

my bad ill make them more descriptive in my next posts lol

Comment

my bad ill make them more descriptive in my next posts lol
                              Glad you got it fixed. I would of tried to help more but didn't feel like getting bashed again for making a simple mistake in my advice.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

Working...
                              X