Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

gas meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas meter

Need help on my gas meter, the problem with it is that it stays half way? It goes up but it wont go down.

Originally posted by cb7TwitchBoy View Post
    Need help on my gas meter, the problem with it is that it stays half way? It goes up but it wont go down.
    behind the back seat on the floor is a panel you can remove, thats where the fuel level sending unit is at, they can go bad, its like a volume slider on a stereo with a wire and sponge that moves with the fuel level and changes the gauge, it could be broken or stuck or all crusty.. at least you dont have to drop the tank to get to it.

theyre about 30-40 bucks on the bay

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
      behind the back seat on the floor is a panel you can remove, thats where the fuel level sending unit is at, they can go bad, its like a volume slider on a stereo with a wire and sponge that moves with the fuel level and changes the gauge, it could be broken or stuck or all crusty.. at least you dont have to drop the tank to get to it.

Yea thats what i wonderd. Thats excellent thanks man im going to fix that soon. Would i have to remove the seat or its just under the spare wheel in the trunk? You just fix that too?

Comment

It' is under the backseat, if that's the problem. It could be a faulty cluster. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by HCoupe View Post
          It' is under the backseat, if that's the problem. It could be a faulty cluster. Good luck.
          Hopefully its not that bad. Thanks man

Comment

Yea thats what i wonderd. Thats excellent thanks man im going to fix that soon. Would i have to remove the seat or its just under the spare wheel in the trunk? You just fix that too?
            [IMG][/IMG] is this it?

Comment

Yes sir, that appears to be a used sending unit.

Comment

Originally posted by HCoupe View Post
                Yes sir, that appears to be a used sending unit.
                Yup it is but its just to see if its exactly like this one

Comment

Hey man i disconnected the cable on the fuel level sending unit and the gauge did go down but slowly went back to the same spot it was before. So would it be the cable thats connected to it or the part that its not working properly?
                  Last edited by cb7TwitchBoy; 09-25-2014, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Hey man i disconnected the cable on the fuel level sending unit and the gauge did go down but slowly went back to the same spot it was before. So would it be the cable thats connected to it or the part that its not working properly?
                    i dunno id think the wire has some resistance just sitting there? got another cluster to try? its pretty easy to get out and test another? or just take the sending unit out and move it while watching the gauge, no b's tho while you're doing it lawl

Comment

i dunno id think the wire has some resistance just sitting there? got another cluster to try? its pretty easy to get out and test another? or just take the sending unit out and move it while watching the gauge, no b's tho while you're doing it lawl
                      Yea ima try to get another one. When i checked that cable that connects to it, it had black tape all around the wires i dont think the tape belongs their. What do you mean by no b's while im doing it? And thanks dude.
                      Last edited by cb7TwitchBoy; 09-26-2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Yea ima try to get another one. When i checked that cable that connects to it, it had black tape all around the wires i dont think the tape belongs their. What do you mean by no b's while im doing it? And thanks dude.
                        Youre welcome, Ive seen stock electrical tape before..no smoking lol, id trying moving the float manually watching the gage before spending unneeded money, the clusters dont normally fail before the float would is my rationalizing.

Comment

I'm having the same issue on my honda.

Comment

Youre welcome, Ive seen stock electrical tape before..no smoking lol, id trying moving the float manually watching the gage before spending unneeded money, the clusters dont normally fail before the float would is my rationalizing.
                            Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
                            X