Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brakes

Well folks I'm back with another issue. I think it id s bad wheel cylinder on the right drum. From my knowledge, the pistons hold the tops of the shoes in place. Am I right or am I wrong? New shoes and springs have been replaced but when I took the car to go out to the zoo, I heard the shoes grind yet again. Is this because the pistons in the wheel cylinder are still pushed in and do they need to be pushed out to hold the shoes in place better?
    To jdm or not jdm that is the question

Drums are touchy but they are very basic. The things that holds the pads in place are the springs. The cylinder is what pushes them out.

If your having a grinding noise I want to say that the shoes aren't correct for the car. When I purchase shoes I place them directly in the drum to see if they contour the same as the drum itself. One time I never caught it, and replaced the pads 3 times and replaced every spring inside there. Come to find that the contour wasn't right and the upper and lower part of the shoe was grinding into the drum! LOL I was so mad but dumbfounded that I didn't bother to check.

If you suspect that the shoes are being pushed and held them you would hear it at all times, they will retract. Your only issue is while braking. Take off the drum and inspect the wear on the shoe. If you only have wear on the top edge and bottom edge, well sir you found your problem.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Thanks. Come to find out it was the backing plate that has rusted to be heck causing the noise. At least the car has new shoes and wheel cylinders on it
      To jdm or not jdm that is the question

Comment

Usually I sand down the area the shoes ride on then put lube.

It helps. Glad you figured it out
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
        X