Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about exhaust and injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have the tools to measure the camshaft lobes once you get it? Or do you know someone that will be able to? That will be the best way to be certain you got what you paid for. Bisi is an expert on the F22A... perhaps THE expert on the F22A... but I know of at least one member on here that got a camshaft that was far from the promised specs, and Bisimoto didn't seem to care.
    He's still in business, though, so a few complaints are certainly the minority. Most of his customers are satisfied... so I'm probably just making a big deal out of nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
      I don't see anything about camshafts in that thread. Only stuff about bad weldings, which doesn't concern me in this case.
      http://www.d-series.org/forums/produ...vel-x-cam.html

Good luck. For the record, I did end up doing the metallurgical tests on the cam. Two more hairline cracks were found. It was trash and in some ways, we were lucky the cam didn't fail in the engine because it would've destroyed about $20000 worth of parts on the race engine. On top of that, he accused me of trying to scam him.

Edit: I just noticed you have already put your money down. Make sure to X-ray the cam before you put it in your engine. Get a metallurgical lab to have a look at the cam before you use it. If they find anything suspect, you will not end up destroying your rocker assembly or anything else.
      Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
      I read both threads.

One thing I took from the camshaft one is that his valvetrain was from Crower. That valvetrain might not be able to handle the aggressive profile of a 2.4 cam which is a borderline race profile. Bisimoto does sell their own valvetrain, cams, and rocker assemblies. I would consider consulting with them based on your use of the engine to get the best results. They can make the appropriate recommendations.

In regards to the thread on the header. It's a race header and fitment will be rough, pros have known this for sometime that refinement normally comes after the fact. A few leaks here and there are acceptable under those conditions but obviously not for a DD.

To the OP, live a little longer. This forum has BisiBashers, Junk2Haters, CrapwerCritics, and CPSuckers.(I literally just made that up ) Talk to the brands, make the best informed decision you can, and hope for the best. Remember these companies sell millions of dollars in parts a year, a few thousand dollar hiccups will happen. But hopefully you're not one of them.
      Bisi does not stand behind his parts. His staff will post in threads when they sense that a clueless newbie might be looking for new parts. But the moment shit hits the fan, they will gang up and attack the customer. Check the thread I linked above. Thoroughly disgusting behavior; personal attacks, rubbish filler advertising and cheap Chinese rubbish passed off as bespoke parts. Multiple "custom made" headers have been compared, they all had the same measurements. Makes sense, ISIB Labs LLC and China headers lol.
      Last edited by cyanide; 05-31-2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cyanide View Post
        http://www.d-series.org/forums/produ...vel-x-cam.html

Good luck. For the record, I did end up doing the metallurgical tests on the cam. Two more hairline cracks were found. It was trash and in some ways, we were lucky the cam didn't fail in the engine because it would've destroyed about $20000 worth of parts on the race engine. On top of that, he accused me of trying to scam him.

Edit: I just noticed you have already put your money down. Make sure to X-ray the cam before you put it in your engine. Get a metallurgical lab to have a look at the cam before you use it. If they find anything suspect, you will not end up destroying your rocker assembly or anything else.

Bisi does not stand behind his parts. His staff will post in threads when they sense that a clueless newbie might be looking for new parts. But the moment shit hits the fan, they will gang up and attack the customer. Check the thread I linked above. Thoroughly disgusting behavior; personal attacks, rubbish filler advertising and cheap Chinese rubbish passed off as bespoke parts. Multiple "custom made" headers have been compared, they all had the same measurements. Makes sense, ISIB Labs LLC and China headers lol.
        Yall guys makes me sweat... I'm not sure i have access to any x-rays or metallurgical labs in Denmark at all.. If it really is this bad, maybe i should just cancel my order :/

EDIT: Reading through the thread made my sweating stop. Your camshaft was obviously assulted upon transit(I assume it was yours as you have the same nick). I my self along with a small group of hardcore Honda enthusiast, are BISI fans, we don't blindly trust him, but we do have discussions when we got issues with something, arguing about his products and credability and it usually ends in his favor, while still being objective. Reading his response lead me to believe he actually did alot and you rejected some of the help he was offering, i may have misunderstood something.

Hearing about complaints and rumours i am afraid of 2 things:
        The Bisicam destroying my head.
        The Bisicam damaged upon arrival beyond repair.

These are my greatest fears, because i have never had my hands on any bisi produts yet..
        But until proven otherwise, i still do have trust in the cam i ordered, BUT if it fails due to faulty manufacturing or anything related to bisi, things will definitively change from my part.

I really hope i won't be disappointed.
        Last edited by CB7Denmark; 06-02-2014, 09:18 AM.
        Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

It has happened here as well. In the Bisimoto Member Shop area, one of our members has a multi-page thread regarding a camshaft issue. Bisi has logged in himself since the creation of that thread, but has not replied.
          His previous representatives on here would often get overly defensive when the product quality was in doubt. A number of those representatives were COMPLETELY clueless regarding engine performance... regurgitating Bisi's words from past posts. They were unable to accurately answer any questions about the products directly.
          It has been many months since there has been any sort of official Bisimoto representation on this site. I received an email from someone at Bisimoto a few months ago asking to be given moderator control in the Member Shop. I told that person to create an account, and I will grant those powers... There was no further communication.

I believe Bisimoto has billet cams (or they did at least... I haven't looked at the site in a while), and they also offer cheaper regrinds. The regrinds are done by Web. Companies like that will take in a core, regrind it, and sell it to the next customer. If someone sends a core that is in bad condition, Web probably isn't going to bother looking too closely at it (certainly not going to x-ray it!)... and flawed camshafts that have sustained damage due to 20+ years of use are likely to appear from time to time.
          I'm not saying this in an attempt to excuse Bisimoto's actions regarding the camshaft... in fact, that makes those actions worse, as they should have been aware of that possibility!

CB7Denmark, while there are certainly plenty of horror stories about, chances are that you'll have no problems. Measure the lobes of the camshaft when you get it, if you have the ability to do so. As long as the specs match up to what is promised, you should see some nice gains.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            It has happened here as well. In the Bisimoto Member Shop area, one of our members has a multi-page thread regarding a camshaft issue. Bisi has logged in himself since the creation of that thread, but has not replied.
            His previous representatives on here would often get overly defensive when the product quality was in doubt. A number of those representatives were COMPLETELY clueless regarding engine performance... regurgitating Bisi's words from past posts. They were unable to accurately answer any questions about the products directly.
            It has been many months since there has been any sort of official Bisimoto representation on this site. I received an email from someone at Bisimoto a few months ago asking to be given moderator control in the Member Shop. I told that person to create an account, and I will grant those powers... There was no further communication.

I believe Bisimoto has billet cams (or they did at least... I haven't looked at the site in a while), and they also offer cheaper regrinds. The regrinds are done by Web. Companies like that will take in a core, regrind it, and sell it to the next customer. If someone sends a core that is in bad condition, Web probably isn't going to bother looking too closely at it (certainly not going to x-ray it!)... and flawed camshafts that have sustained damage due to 20+ years of use are likely to appear from time to time.
            I'm not saying this in an attempt to excuse Bisimoto's actions regarding the camshaft... in fact, that makes those actions worse, as they should have been aware of that possibility!

CB7Denmark, while there are certainly plenty of horror stories about, chances are that you'll have no problems. Measure the lobes of the camshaft when you get it, if you have the ability to do so. As long as the specs match up to what is promised, you should see some nice gains.

Right, i'm reading the thread he linked to, i'm a little confused on this one. Anyway, i've written to Bisi, telling him to pack a littel extra protection, because danish post distribution workers are know to be mentally challenged. (Past experince). I expect 180 on the crank (According to the 15&#37; performance increase) upon installation and even more with a tune and the header i've ordered.

Mistakes happens, whether its bisi's or the shipping company that had fuck'd up, is unknown to me. The sucky part is that it has such a big impact when things go wrong, thank god the cam didn't broke in the engine!

EDIT: I just stumbled upon this exhaust: http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/perf...xhaust_Systems
            The flowmaster 60 series one, do anyone know the dimensions of it? The reason im not looking at the others is because i don't won't my car to make that hideous rattle sound, i don't like it, and it attracts to much police-attention, atleast in my country.
            Last edited by CB7Denmark; 06-02-2014, 12:00 PM.
            Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Yall guys makes me sweat... I'm not sure i have access to any x-rays or metallurgical labs in Denmark at all.. If it really is this bad, maybe i should just cancel my order :/

EDIT: Reading through the thread made my sweating stop. Your camshaft was obviously assulted upon transit(I assume it was yours as you have the same nick). I my self along with a small group of hardcore Honda enthusiast, are BISI fans, we don't blindly trust him, but we do have discussions when we got issues with something, arguing about his products and credability and it usually ends in his favor, while still being objective. Reading his response lead me to believe he actually did alot and you rejected some of the help he was offering, i may have misunderstood something.

Hearing about complaints and rumours i am afraid of 2 things:
              The Bisicam destroying my head.
              The Bisicam damaged upon arrival beyond repair.

These are my greatest fears, because i have never had my hands on any bisi produts yet..
              But until proven otherwise, i still do have trust in the cam i ordered, BUT if it fails due to faulty manufacturing or anything related to bisi, things will definitively change from my part.

I really hope i won't be disappointed.
              So since the thread was locked, I couldn't post my observations in that thread I linked you to. The cam core was rubbish. In fact, another member has recently opened his D series head and found a broken lobe. His way of going about trying to fix the problem is cringeworthy but nonetheless, it did break in his engine. There is nothing more for me to say about my own cam; everything is in that thread and I've moved on from that. What angered me was the accusations of being a hater or a scammer.

You yourself have said that you are a Bisi fan, but further down also said that you have not laid your hands on a Bisimoto product yet. That is the crux of the issue. While he has been successful as a racer, his way of handling his business has been shocking. We had spent over $2000 on Bisimoto parts on our personal cars and the race engine. Our cars ran full Bisimoto valvetrains and cams.

FWIW, I hope you don't get a bad cam. I'm also from outside the US and it is a royal pain in the backside to import parts in the first place, let alone get any form of restitution in case something goes bad.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

I went through that thread.

To give you some details, Web and other "billet" cam manufacturers have been receiving crap cores from China for the past few years. Bill Gude in the past had these issues, and I believe Crower had gone through them in the past too. Crower seem to have got their act together since then and Gude, I believe, isn't doing business anymore.

Almost all cams being sold in the name of "billet" are anything but that. The cores are cast, not forged (chilled cast in the old days, gave better reliability, these days it seems to be chalk) and then machined. The casting is incredibly porous and pitting is usually observed within a few thousand miles even with the best engine oil with high zinc content.

The joke in all this is, if you search for billet cam on google images, the first result is a picture of my Bisimoto cam. LOL.

I have given up buying "billet" cams altogether. Regrinds are much more reliable since they utilize the stock Honda core.

Comment

I guess "billet" has become like "JDM". It doesn't actually have to mean what it is supposed to mean to sell products!

Comment

So since the thread was locked, I couldn't post my observations in that thread I linked you to. The cam core was rubbish. In fact, another member has recently opened his D series head and found a broken lobe. His way of going about trying to fix the problem is cringeworthy but nonetheless, it did break in his engine. There is nothing more for me to say about my own cam; everything is in that thread and I've moved on from that. What angered me was the accusations of being a hater or a scammer.

You yourself have said that you are a Bisi fan, but further down also said that you have not laid your hands on a Bisimoto product yet. That is the crux of the issue. While he has been successful as a racer, his way of handling his business has been shocking. We had spent over $2000 on Bisimoto parts on our personal cars and the race engine. Our cars ran full Bisimoto valvetrains and cams.

FWIW, I hope you don't get a bad cam. I'm also from outside the US and it is a royal pain in the backside to import parts in the first place, let alone get any form of restitution in case something goes bad.

I went through that thread.

To give you some details, Web and other "billet" cam manufacturers have been receiving crap cores from China for the past few years. Bill Gude in the past had these issues, and I believe Crower had gone through them in the past too. Crower seem to have got their act together since then and Gude, I believe, isn't doing business anymore.

Almost all cams being sold in the name of "billet" are anything but that. The cores are cast, not forged (chilled cast in the old days, gave better reliability, these days it seems to be chalk) and then machined. The casting is incredibly porous and pitting is usually observed within a few thousand miles even with the best engine oil with high zinc content.

The joke in all this is, if you search for billet cam on google images, the first result is a picture of my Bisimoto cam. LOL.

I have given up buying "billet" cams altogether. Regrinds are much more reliable since they utilize the stock Honda core.
                  I did noticed how he (Or co workers) handled the situation, and i wasnt impressed either. I paid quite a large amount of money (For me it is, working Security in Denmark is not the best paid job) and im gonna have to pay even more upon arrival due to import taxes and fees and whatnot.
                  I really really hope, that he have taken your situation into account and made up for the poor quality. How was the lab analysis of the cores?
                  Yes i also noticed the porousity of the cam, that shooked me a little, but it could be a bad batch? I dunno, the money is spend. Over 4000 Danish Crowns, which could actually buy you a car here, so i hope they are well spend, even tho it seems it could have been spend better.

Comment

Thanks, are you happy with the system? Any noticable gains`?
                    Nothing noticeable right away but i did not high end gains this weekend on a road trip ( first one since i out it on). Im happy with it. I just wish it had a deeper sound.
                    Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

Originally posted by dahubby View Post
                      Nothing noticeable right away but i did not high end gains this weekend on a road trip ( first one since i out it on). Im happy with it. I just wish it had a deeper sound.

Mine is at customsclearance right now in SF, PLEASE arrive soon! My ears are bleeding from the leaky flex piping

Will it even fit the stock exhaust system?

Comment

Working...
                      X