Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question about exhaust and injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about exhaust and injectors

2 Questions. Now it's 3 questions actually.

BISI Cam:

Some guy told me i should stay away from Bisi Cams and that they eat valvetrains. Also the blanks were of poor quality and not treated correctly.
    Is this somewhat true?

Injectors:

What are the stock injectors capable of handling?

200hp? 180hp?

My goal this year is 200 hp on the crank, but i'm unsure of the stock injectors can handle it?.

(EDIT: Is the gaskets coming with the DC Sports header good to go????? Or will they break within a month -.- )
    Exhaust:

Finding an exhaust had been proved harder than i expected, given that i'm on a "budget" (Not really, i just wanna get as many upgrades as i can for around 2300$). Here in Denmark, we got a shop called Astina, but they are selling catbacks like "Megan" for almost 1000$, and i know "Megan" isnt know for their quality headers, so why should their catbacks be any better? The other options are no-names generic ebay like stuff for around 800$, i WILL NOT pay money for these exhaust systems! So i decided to make my own, now i'm not really sure how the exhaust wanderes from the downpipe to the rear, i remember, it look'd relatively simple, but i don't have the option to get under the car and measure, and i really need to order the pipes today due to a couple of holidays coming up.

So, do any of you guys got measurements (Lengts/width/bends etc) that they would like to share so i can order the pipes and start welding them?
    I can order straight pipes, and 70 and 90 degree bends.

Thanks alot guys! You've been really helpful so far
    Last edited by CB7Denmark; 05-28-2014, 07:57 AM.
    Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

In response to your question about the DC Sports header gasket: I use to own a '92 LX automatic and ordered a DC Sports header for fairly cheap off E-Bay. I used the gasket that came with it and did not have any trouble what so ever!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNova 92 EX View Post
      In response to your question about the DC Sports header gasket: I use to own a '92 LX automatic and ordered a DC Sports header for fairly cheap off E-Bay. I used the gasket that came with it and did not have any trouble what so ever!

Great, thanks alot I'm ordering it, right now as we speak
      Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

I ordered one also, the header gasket was great but the gasket between the header and the downpipe was leaking so i had to add silicon...just a heads up
        Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

Originally posted by dahubby View Post
          I ordered one also, the header gasket was great but the gasket between the header and the downpipe was leaking so i had to add silicon...just a heads up

Thanks, are you happy with the system? Any noticable gains`?

Comment

In my personal experience, I've probably heard of every brand of Camshaft eat a valvetrain. I believe this sort of thing happens due to poor installation or using stock valvetrains that can't handle the aggressive cam. Upgrading your valvetrain will surely make this occurrence hardly possible as the stronger materials can handle more abuse.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
              In my personal experience, I've probably heard of every brand of Camshaft eat a valvetrain. I believe this sort of thing happens due to poor installation or using stock valvetrains that can't handle the aggressive cam. Upgrading your valvetrain will surely make this occurrence hardly possible as the stronger materials can handle more abuse.
              But should i be afraid of this?

I'm looking at Bisi Stage 2 Cam, Bisi Valvesprings, and a new cam from his store aswel, will this eat the valve train? What would i need to swap in order to make it last? Please keep in mind this car is also my dd, so i might go for a Stage 1 due to reasons.

Comment

Stock injectors are 240cc those with a 255 fuel pump and pressure regulator along with a tune should be fine. Now if you are looking to bump compression I would suggest bumping the injector size up

Comment

Originally posted by BackRoadCB7 View Post
                  Stock injectors are 240cc those with a 255 fuel pump and pressure regulator along with a tune should be fine. Now if you are looking to bump compression I would suggest bumping the injector size up
                  No need to right now, 9.8 is fine for now

Do anyone have any knowledge about the level 2 grind? Is it suitable for daily driving? With springs ofcause.

I want to get 200hp at the crank, currently i have:
                  H22A Plenum om A3 runners.
                  H22A 66mm Throttlebody.
                  Cold air intake.
                  Just ordered:
                  DC Sports header
                  ALSO JUST ORDERED:
                  Bisi lvl 2 grind + Cam
                  Bisi Valvesprings
                  omg omg omg IM SO EXCITED I hope its worth the 700$
                  EUDM F22A3 stock 150hp 9,8 CR.

I'm still looking for an exhaust system from the downpipe, but im looking into making it myself as the prices here in Denmark is somewhat laughable.
                  Last edited by CB7Denmark; 05-28-2014, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
                    2 Questions. Now it's 3 questions actually.

BISI Cam:

Some guy told me i should stay away from Bisi Cams and that they eat valvetrains. Also the blanks were of poor quality and not treated correctly.
                    Is this somewhat true?

Injectors:

What are the stock injectors capable of handling?

200hp? 180hp?

My goal this year is 200 hp on the crank, but i'm unsure of the stock injectors can handle it?.

(EDIT: Is the gaskets coming with the DC Sports header good to go????? Or will they break within a month -.- )
                    Exhaust:

Finding an exhaust had been proved harder than i expected, given that i'm on a "budget" (Not really, i just wanna get as many upgrades as i can for around 2300$). Here in Denmark, we got a shop called Astina, but they are selling catbacks like "Megan" for almost 1000$, and i know "Megan" isnt know for their quality headers, so why should their catbacks be any better? The other options are no-names generic ebay like stuff for around 800$, i WILL NOT pay money for these exhaust systems! So i decided to make my own, now i'm not really sure how the exhaust wanderes from the downpipe to the rear, i remember, it look'd relatively simple, but i don't have the option to get under the car and measure, and i really need to order the pipes today due to a couple of holidays coming up.

So, do any of you guys got measurements (Lengts/width/bends etc) that they would like to share so i can order the pipes and start welding them?
                    I can order straight pipes, and 70 and 90 degree bends.

Thanks alot guys! You've been really helpful so far
                    Its not somewhat true about the bisi cam. It IS true. Also there is no aftermarket valve train parts availible for the f series to my knowledge. Unless you count valves And springs. You would need to have custom rockers and pads made at this point. Go over to D-series.org and look up the stickie " I'm done bisi and bisimoto products. Tons of carnage pics from this and the correspondence between the OP and Bisi.
                    91 accord daily

Comment

Originally posted by AccRod91ex View Post
                      Its not somewhat true about the bisi cam. It IS true. Also there is no aftermarket valve train parts availible for the f series to my knowledge. Unless you count valves And springs. You would need to have custom rockers and pads made at this point. Go over to D-series.org and look up the stickie " I'm done bisi and bisimoto products. Tons of carnage pics from this and the correspondence between the OP and Bisi.

I don't see anything about camshafts in that thread. Only stuff about bad weldings, which doesn't concern me in this case.

Comment

I read both threads.

One thing I took from the camshaft one is that his valvetrain was from Crower. That valvetrain might not be able to handle the aggressive profile of a 2.4 cam which is a borderline race profile. Bisimoto does sell their own valvetrain, cams, and rocker assemblies. I would consider consulting with them based on your use of the engine to get the best results. They can make the appropriate recommendations.

In regards to the thread on the header. It's a race header and fitment will be rough, pros have known this for sometime that refinement normally comes after the fact. A few leaks here and there are acceptable under those conditions but obviously not for a DD.

To the OP, live a little longer. This forum has BisiBashers, Junk2Haters, CrapwerCritics, and CPSuckers.(I literally just made that up ) Talk to the brands, make the best informed decision you can, and hope for the best. Remember these companies sell millions of dollars in parts a year, a few thousand dollar hiccups will happen. But hopefully you're not one of them.
                        Last edited by Joey GT-R; 05-28-2014, 10:20 PM.
                        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

for my exhaust i orderd, (2) 5' sticks, (2) 90 degree bends and (1) 45 degree bend. thats from the down pipe back. you might get away with less straight pipe goin from cat back.

Comment

The quality of Bisimoto products has been suspect for some time now. As the company grew larger, product quality seemed to decline, and customer service became practically nonexistant. Some people still have luck, others complain. You might do better getting a generic camshaft regrind from Delta or Web (Web actually makes Bisi's camshafts.)

For 200hp at the crank, it might be a good idea to go with H22A injectors. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about such things, so you'll want to do more research... but I figure that if the H22A makes 200hp at the crank with those injectors, it would be a good idea to use them with an F22A making that much power as well!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              The quality of Bisimoto products has been suspect for some time now. As the company grew larger, product quality seemed to decline, and customer service became practically nonexistant. Some people still have luck, others complain. You might do better getting a generic camshaft regrind from Delta or Web (Web actually makes Bisi's camshafts.)

For 200hp at the crank, it might be a good idea to go with H22A injectors. I'm not terribly knowledgeable about such things, so you'll want to do more research... but I figure that if the H22A makes 200hp at the crank with those injectors, it would be a good idea to use them with an F22A making that much power as well!
                              I hope i'm lucky then because i just paid 705 dollars for bisi cam lvl 2 and springs ..

Comment

Working...
                              X