Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Automatic transmission power levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic transmission power levels

Anyone here know how much power the stock transmission will hold? I want to convert to a manual but currently have the stock auto in it. Is it worth anything above 300hp? I want to make at least 400-450 with my car and already know the automatic isn't worth it. but for now..??..??.. I'm planning on going turbo. anyone have suggestions on specific tranny codes for a manual swap? I don't mind opening the tranny and putting a good lsd in but I would like close ratios.

I will probably cryo the gears and would like the largest diameter mainshaft possible. Does Honda make a six speed that will bolt to an f22a6?

for the manual conversion I already know.. slave cylinder, clutch resiviour, pedal cluster clutch line (probably a nice braided one) , flywheel, clutch and pressure plate, throwout bearing, axles, and the right section of my instrument cluster (minus the PRD12 part). no transmission control computer and of course the shifter and cables. am also guessing the transmission mount is different.

Any suggestions on tranny codes? ratios? or beefy stock axles? Thank you all

Apparently there is this thread http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=37839

but I haven't reached 30 posts so this conversation must stay here. The m2y4 isn't looking so bad.

Any accords with 6 speeds ?

Comment

Not for the F- or H- series. You might be able to find aftermarket 6-speed sequentials for the H-series, which bolt up to your f22a6. However, this is $$$ and I have no idea if they actually exist.

OEM wise, if you want a 6spd do a K-swap. 5 and 6 speed transmissions available for the K-series. But again, more $$$.

The 5spd is fine for what you want to do, you just need to swap it. I don't know what power level the auto trans will hold, but I know tuning on an auto is hard and rare to find tuners willing to do it. Swap a manual transmission in first, there's a few good threads on here giving you instructions on how-to. Then build up your engine.

Comment

thanks for the advice Will, I knew about the k series, but it spins bakards unfortunately, I like the engine I have but may have to tear the first 5spd down I get and see what is possible. I do all my own work but when parts are missing somethings gotta budge, lol

Comment

Working...
        X