Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb7 Is This R134 Or R12? Adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7 Is This R134 Or R12? Adapter?

1990 HONDA ACCORD looks to me it's R12 but no sticker saying it has been converted in hopes someone can identify this service port.

Pictures : http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php...4#post49718104
    Last edited by kevinhughes13; 05-14-2014, 01:23 PM.

There is no adapter on it, so it should still be R12. If you are going to change to R134a, I would highly suggest you have an authorized service center evacuate any remaining R12 in the system, otherwise you will make what is commonly called 'the black death' which will kill your compressor and other components.

You can still get R12, about 5 years ago it was about $300 worth of Freon to refill as R12 at one shop.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Be careful about r12 though. if you want to get r12 put back in, make sure someone who is licensed is installing, otherwise there are very hefty fines. You have to be licensed to even buy or sell the stuff.

Comment

Like the prior member said, make sure the shop has the right equipment and is certified by IMACA or another ac/heating course. When I added r12 in my first cb7 (90) it ran me 75$ for a half a pound. That was 10 years ago in the state of Ohio. Never just dispose of old freon can be rather costly if you do it by yourself and get caught. Don't Don't put r134 in your car as the molicuals are smaller and will easily find any potential leaks or leaks in your system. Hope this will work for you
        To jdm or not jdm that is the question

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
          There is no adapter on it, so it should still be R12. If you are going to change to R134a, I would highly suggest you have an authorized service center evacuate any remaining R12 in the system, otherwise you will make what is commonly called 'the black death' which will kill your compressor and other components.

You can still get R12, about 5 years ago it was about $300 worth of Freon to refill as R12 at one shop.
          Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
          Be careful about r12 though. if you want to get r12 put back in, make sure someone who is licensed is installing, otherwise there are very hefty fines. You have to be licensed to even buy or sell the stuff.
          like cloud and gen said, take it to a pro shop that does R12 refills. it is well worth the money as in my opinion R12 is 10 times colder than R134 and the conversions don't work well.
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I bought one of the 134 retro kits at autozone along with a can of 135 with stopleak and oil. Took about 20 minutes and i was on the road. My system was completely drained so there was no evacuation needed.
            Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

If your system is completly empty its best to have it drawn down with a vacuum to verify if there are leaks as well as to get a proper full fill of r134a. There will be air trapped in there which reduces the efficiency of the system if you just fill it up.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I had mine professionally done and it worked terribly. Then 6 months in the whole system blew. Getting it fixed soon. I may just have them flush and change it back to r12. 134 sucks in our cars. I'll eat the cost for a good ac.
                91 accord daily

Comment

I had mine professionally done and it worked terribly. Then 6 months in the whole sys

to have an efficient a/c system using r134a Freon use a condenser off of a 94 or 95 that came out with r134a pay attention to hose connections you may have to use the later model hoses too. the later model condenser was designed to work efficiently with r134a.

Comment

Working...
                  X