Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wanted to ask about 90 and 93 cb intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to ask about 90 and 93 cb intake

Hi guys this may sound a bit newbies but I was wondering will a 90 cb7 focuz intake fit a 93 cb9 with abs system and would a neuspeed sway bar block the clearance of the intake

Short ram intake, I take it? As long as it's made for a 90-93 Accord, it will fit just fine. Focuz isn't known as anything really worthwhile, though... so you'd probably be better off buying a generic $30 intake on eBay and replacing the crap filter with something good, such as K&N, AEM, or Apexi.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmoob909 View Post
      Hi guys this may sound a bit newbies but I was wondering will a 90 cb7 focuz intake fit a 93 cb9 with abs system and would a neuspeed sway bar block the clearance of the intake
      To my knowledge none of these parts get in the way. The ABS unit is tucked against the wheel well and the neuspeed raises up. Both units were made to clear the OEM piping also but I will let someone who may have these specific units installed with a ABS car comment.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Short ram intake, I take it? As long as it's made for a 90-93 Accord, it will fit just fine. Focuz isn't known as anything really worthwhile, though... so you'd probably be better off buying a generic $30 intake on eBay and replacing the crap filter with something good, such as K&N, AEM, or Apexi.
        I bought it for 30 on eBay the description says that it was for 90 accord I receive it on mon I haven't have time to put it on it look liked it'll fit I'll take a pic when get the intake on n see how it fit

Comment

Okay guys so I hit a snag today while trying to put on my focuz intake here some pic

Hitting the abs

Hitting my spark plug on distributor cap

Comment

I think it is just poorly made and they eyeballed the dimensions and made it off that. You are only $30 in the hole might as well buy a skinnier and probably better made intake for $30.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
              I think it is just poorly made and they eyeballed the dimensions and made it off that. You are only $30 in the hole might as well buy a skinnier and probably better made intake for $30.
              Yeah ima start searching for another if I can't i might just go to one of the local exhaust shop and ask them to see if they can make a 2 peace cai with the focuz as the bottom half like the gsr v2

Comment

Your motor is f22A6?? My pipe was hitting the hard lines on the first bend from the throttle body which I think is the abs.. I double stacked my IAB plate with the 2nd IAB gutted. After that my pipe doesn't hit the abs anymore... just an idea. This double IAB can only be done with the A6 though...

Comment

Originally posted by linkcb7 View Post
                  Your motor is f22A6?? My pipe was hitting the hard lines on the first bend from the throttle body which I think is the abs.. I double stacked my IAB plate with the 2nd IAB gutted. After that my pipe doesn't hit the abs anymore... just an idea. This double IAB can only be done with the A6 though...
                  My motor is an a4 I'm planing to change intake manifold to an h23 will see if that can give me the clearance I need for the focuz intake if not I'll just have to buy another intake thx for the suggestion

Comment

Your replacement engine may be an F22A4 but you still have your F22A6 intake manifold. You'll just need a plenum, throttle body and another IAB plate to make into a spacer when you go to do the swap.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                    X