Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

3rd gear not there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd gear not there?

Ok i was driving my girlfriends 93 ex coupe today after doing the breaks on it and i went to take of from the next stop lightand when i went to 3rd gear it felt like it went in but it did nothing. No grind or anything just like it was in neutral. It was fine for the 20 minutes of driving before. I dont understand this at all. H2a5 trans.
    Last edited by F22A1forlife; 04-11-2014, 10:15 PM.

Are your select cables in tact? What about the other gears?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Cables look good and they are on like normal. The other gears are fine. Just 3rd.

Comment

Try some honda MTF or GM Syncromesh

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I'll try and hope it helps if not i guess im gonna be pulling the trans out. Its just strange how it did it. You put it in 3rd and it feels like it goes in. Let out on the clutch and nothing.

Comment

Changed the fluid and no change. Im going to pull the center console out take the cables loose from the shifter and the trans as well the see what happens when i put it back together.

Comment

Uh oh, It sounds like it may be internal...maybe it will go away...err come back over time.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Well no luck with the cables. So im gonna change out the trans. Oh well it is what it is.

Comment

Got the trans out and good thing in ways that it did this. Clutch wouldnt have made it much longer and the rear main seal is leaking. Should have it driving tomorrow. Gonna take the trans to my buddys shop and let him find out what happend with 3rd gear.

Comment

I know this is a bit late on telling you guys this. The trans has a bent shift fork. Thought I'd post this in case someone ever has the same problem.

Comment

Thanks. Late or not, it's still a help!
                      Nothing is more frustrating than searching a forum to find someone with the exact same problem, but no solution given!

Comment

No problem. Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
                        X