Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

front end pop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front end pop.

I have a 1993 honda accord se coupe. I have replace uper and lower ball joints, iner and outer tie rod ends, uper controle arms, sway bar link bushings new axels and motor mounts. When im backing out of my driveway or any sharp turn and go from reverse to drive it pops very bad. I also have a major tire wear problem and it has had a 4 wheel alignment and eats the front tires off in the time it takes for an oil change. Any help here would bevery appreciated. Thanks guys. First post too.

Have you checked the radius arm bushings ? If so ,I would recheck your work / look for anything bent or loose . I hope you used quality parts. The cheap aftermarket parts fail very quickly !!

Comment

Did you use oem or aftermarket. If you used aftermarket, what brand did you buy?

Comment

I used oem from honda. I wanted good parts. Little pricey but had to be done. And no i didnt check the radius arm bushings. But i will. Thanks thanks guys. I dont know why i didnt think of that one.

Comment

Go over everything and make sure all bolts are tight. Take a look at anything the alignment shop touched especially.

Have you ever done a Carfax on your car? Is there any evidence of front end damage? If the car has been in an accident, that could account for the tire wear.

Are your shocks in good condition?

When you installed your axles, were you sure to push them in all the way? It is possible to reassemble the front end without pushing the axles all the way in, and problems can arise from that.

If you had an alignment, your shocks are good, your car was never hit, and your axles are installed properly... then my first thought is that the alignment shop screwed up.

Comment

Ive checked the front end and everything is tight. As for the car being crashed before i got it the guy ran off the road and broke the right front strut and brought it to my dads shop and had him fix it. Ended up puting both front struts on and lower front right controle arm. Since i got the car i took it and had it put on a frame machine and nothing is bent. But the front end pop is loud and the tires on the front getting eat off in 5000 miles has got old. The car has a slight pull to the right that didnt happen till it was aligned now that I think about it. But that axle was bad and shuttering on that side so I thought it was that.

Comment

You could pull the hubs away and ensure that the axles are in there tight.
              Take it to another shop and have it aligned again. If it pulls, it's not aligned properly.

Comment

Checked the axles. The are in good. Had a wheel bearing going bad on the left front so i replace both of them and im taking it to a new alignment shop now. Hope its fixed.

Comment

If you're absolutely sure everything is in properly, and that the car is straight, then I can't imagine what else it could be. Good luck with it. I hope the alignment fixes the problem!

If it turns out to be way off, I'd go back to that first shop and raise hell.

Comment

alignment was way off. Right front was 2.9 in the red and left front was 1.6 in the red. The rear was perfect. It drives way better than i ever thought it could. I never knew it could handel so well. Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

Glad you got it fixed. Make sure you go back to the first place and let them have it!! Get your money back!

Comment

Oh trust me im gonna raise hell tomorrow at them for sure. Its bull. I spent less money and got a better one this time. It drives great now.

Comment

Knowing how alignment shops are ,they are going to tell you
                          that you must of hit a pothole or something of that nature and that alignments are not covered under warranty / Next time ask for a print out of the before and after specs.

Comment

Well they said pretty much word for word what cbr-dee said. Oh well i guess. The money would be nice to have back but at least its fixed. Well i hope anyway. Havent drove it enough to know on tire wear yet. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by F22A1forlife
                              My next problem is on my dd. Its a 92 lx sedan 5 speed. For some reason it has no power down low at all. When it comes up to about 3500 rpm the sound changes and it will fly. Its got new plugs, wires ,cap and rotor button. New fuel filter air filter fuel injectors pcv valve and new timing belt. If you take off easy it seems like its dad on its feet and it jerks at about 1500 rpms like you stomp on the gas when i havent pushed ot down any farther.
                              Don't change the topic of this thread. If you have another question, post a new thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X