Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

seals replaced but still leaks oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seals replaced but still leaks oil

I just had my timing belts replace alone with water pump rear balancer seal, front crank seal ,valve cover gasket and oil pan gasket. After all this done i still have an oil leak with drop like every two seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

It would help to tell us the area that it's leaking.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

It's leaking right below timing belt at the oil pan

Comment

I would inspect your cam seal and the front balance shaft seal. Usually if it's cam seal, there will be oil in the rear block stamp, just behind the valve cover.

Comment

Is it normal to leak that much if one of those seals are bad?

Comment

Yes, if the balance shaft seal has worked it's way out, which is VERY common for the F series, it can leak that much or more.

Comment

Honda released a front balance shaft seal retainer to keep it from popping out. My EX had it happen, it was peeing an almost constant stream of oil out.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Now can you see the seal not in its proper position without taking off all belts.

Comment

I'm pointing at the retainer, if you don't have on installed, you'll able to see the seal clearly.

Comment

I just check it out and that seal is in place.

Comment

Then either it's your cam seal, or you didn't install a seal correctly. Last resort is head gasket failure, let's hope it's a seal. Did you have oil leaking from between the upper and lower timing cover?

Comment

If you look at it from the bottom it look like it leaks from the oil pan gasket right below the belt. I can't follow the leak any higher.

Comment

Is your lower timing cover on? Can you shine a light down behind the cover and see a trail?

Comment

Did you install the parts or did you have it done?

I had an oil pan gasket replaced by a dealer once (one of the things that drove me to do most of my own work). Some of the spacers from the original gasket stuck to the block and they installed the new gasket over them. Got home - large puddle of oil under the car - I was lucky there was still enough in the engine. Take a quick look, make sure all the nuts/bolts retaining the pan were reinstalled.
                            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I have all covers off and I don't see a trail of oil. Seems to be pretty clean till that bottom part.

Comment

Working...
                              X