Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Mpg issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mpg issues

Ok folks hers the skinny. My ride seams to well in short words, lacking the proper fuel mileage it once had. Past mpg, 400 miles a tank, presently getting 270, 280. I currently run 91 octane (medium grade) gas in her. Last week when the weather was warm out I noticed that my mpg was at 125 miles on the top quarter tank and was very happy. I do know I have to replace the spark plug seals as the plugs have oil on them. Is there anything else that's going wako?
    To jdm or not jdm that is the question

Fix the problems that you're aware of, and go from there. Also, you don't need to run anything more than 87 octane. That's what the engine was designed for. Higher octane is not "better".

Is your check engine light on, by any chance?

Comment

No, no cel is on thank goodness for that.
      To jdm or not jdm that is the question

Comment

Fuel mileage issues

I agree with the previous comment but would also like to add to it . While your doing the seals here are a few easy checks that can save you a considerable amount of fuel (1) check the air filter (2) check the condition of the spark plugs and gap them to the correct measurement (3) check ignition timing (4) make sure your tires are set to the correct psi.

Comment

Fuel mileage issue

I forgot to include / even though there isn't any codes , that does not completely rule out the oxygen sensor . I have seen o2 sensors become lazy enough to affect gas Mileage but not throw a code... I also recommend cleaning the throttle body while your doing the above suggestions . Cheers!

Comment

Mileage will suffer some in the cold weather. Please keep a log of fuel used and actual miles driven, it will provide a more accurate measure of your fuel mileage than "so many miles per tank". That assumes that you're filling up at the exact same spot on the gauge; there are differences in pump shut off, etc. that can affect how much actually goes in the tank.

When you do the spark plug tube seals, you have to do the lowers as well as the uppers. Back off all the valve adjusters before removing the rocker assembly. When reinstalling, torque the rocker assembly mouting bolts to spec (in steps), then adjust the valves.

Along with checking the plugs themselves, check the condition of the distributor rotor and cap terminals.

Replaced the fuel filter lately?

You might also check to see if the brakes are dragging.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
            X