Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Key won't turn I'm stuck on the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key won't turn I'm stuck on the road

Hey everyone. I know the title probably isn't the best ect. But I've been having quite the bad day and I'm having an emergency and need to drive my cb7 right now. It started up. I took it about two blocks over and the positive lead to the battery popped off because it's loose. The car shut off. So I hopped out and put it back on. And now my key won't turn either way. I'm stuck on the side of the road with my window down and it's snowing pretty hard. My steering wheel is unlocked and I've tried to wiggle it but it won't help to start it. The car is a 5 speed. Can someone help me like. Right now. I'm desperate.
    Originally posted by cb9love
    when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Please someone help me. It's freezing and I'm no where near my home.
    when all the cali cb's get forced off the road send em back too Ohio, we will still run them cats or not.

Comment

I had that issue. Your key may need to be re cut, lock cylinder replaced, lubricated etc. Until then, wiggle the crap out of it

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        I had that issue. Your key may need to be re cut, lock cylinder replaced, lubricated etc. Until then, wiggle the crap out of it
        Thanks. I've been wiggling it for almost an hour. This suck so bad. Today has just been horrible.

Comment

Do you have any tools on you?
          Remove the parts securing the ignition switch, and you can turn it to start the car without the key. I don't recall what else you'd need besides a phillips head screwdriver, but it's a pretty easy process. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Do you have any tools on you?
            Remove the parts securing the ignition switch, and you can turn it to start the car without the key. I don't recall what else you'd need besides a phillips head screwdriver, but it's a pretty easy process. Good luck!
            I have a friend on the way who might have one. Thank you.

Comment

He may as well hot wire it lol

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Do you have WD-40 in the car? Like sonicaccord mentioned it may just need a little lubrication. Also, not the nearly the best option but you can use pliers to apply a little more torque than just turning it by hand. Wiggle it back and forth until it loosens.
                Last edited by Tishock; 02-27-2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I had this happen once with my sedan .. I rocked the wheel left to right, right to left ..
                  and it locked up the wheel, then I just turned the wheel to the left, (that inch they give you to unlock) and the key turned ..
                  Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 02-27-2014, 07:13 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

It is probably the steering lock. Pull the wheel one way or the other and it should free up.

Comment

this has happen to me and i just wiggle the key while trying to pullout the key and it unlock the key and i was able to turn the key

Comment

I tried turning the wheel every which way and having the wheel lock and unlocked with no luck. Also I haven't been able to spray it with WD-40 because I've been dealing with the mess my truck is in (I was towed for a suspended registration for an out of state valid inspection sticker when I was 150 yards from the place it was about to be inspected at lol north providence cops for you) but I'll try to lube it up. For the time being we forced the key to the electric part and pop started t to bring her home. It just sucks I have to wait so long to put the new motor in the CB so I can't even get her on the road yet. Thank you for all the help guys. I'll have more information come Monday when I get the key out of the car because it was locked in because a police officer kept pressuring me when I was trying to get her started and home safe.
                        Last edited by Andrewasoar; 03-01-2014, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                          OP, are you still alive?
                          Yeah haha. It was a bit crazy. After about an hour and a half of bing out there and we were about to hotwire the car a fire truck ambulance and officer showed up because someone called 911 saying "there's a man slouched over the wheel passed out while driving" however the car was off with the hazards on as I was violently jerking the wheel back and forth trying to turn the key. And the fire truck and ambulance guys laughed and left however I didn't have plates on the car because they just arrived at my house and I was on my way to put them on and head to the shop I mentor at (which is next to my house) to fit a test pipe on so I wasn't running open headers. But. The officer was relatively nice and we forced the key into the electronics and pop started the car (the look on the officers face was priceless) and he followed me back to the storage place I keep her. It was a pretty weird day to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                          X