Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need to know when installing h22/a6 manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to know when installing h22/a6 manifold

I just installed my h22 plenum and tb and double stacked iab yesterday and it was fairly easy install with only a few minor problems. I am writing this so future tuners can be prepared and install this with ease.

Bolts: youll need 3 bolts at 8-1.25 by 90mm. These are the two against the firewall and the front middle ( your ac compressor bolts will work for these three if youve done an ac delete) the front corners you need a little longer at 8-1.25 100mm (remember this is for double stacking the iabs)

Coolant hoses: since your double stacking your iabs your iacv sits about an inch and a half higher and a little more away from the thermostat housing and egr so its a stretch to make these coolant lines reach. Also the fitv sits under the tb instead of the front driverside of the f22 plenum. So go out and buy about 5 or 6 ft (just be be sure you have enough) of 5/16 hose from your local autostore to replace the hoses coming from the egr and thermostat housing. The last thing you want it stress on those pressurized coolant hoses.

Throttle adjustment mount: im not sure if you have this problem with the h22 mount but i used the one off my f22. When i mounted it i noticed the throttle was almost fully open so i adjusted it all the way and it was still slightly open. So i fired her up and she was revving a little under three grand. I shut her off and took the mount completly off. I had to move the holes over about a half inch to the mount sit closer to the tb. I used a drill press with a quarter inch metal bit and the holes were marked 1 3/8 of and inch center to center. Drilled em and mounted em and got the idle perfect.

These are the only problems i encountered while installing this upgrade. It can be different for everyone depending on where you get the parts and what condition theyre in. I hope this helps someone out there and saves them a headache.

Although a nice write up, this info is already covered in the various thread regarding this swap.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      Although a nice write up, this info is already covered in the various thread regarding this swap.
      i figured there was. i just wanted to rewrite it for those new comers so they can see it on the fresh feed. and thanks its my first actual write up.

Comment

Good info is always welcome, even if it's repeated info. Someone may understand this better than the previous writeups.

Pictures are always a plus, too.

Comment

is there a section on ur site where is shows you how to add pictures and all that good stuff of html code

Comment

Originally posted by Superaccord93 View Post
            is there a section on ur site where is shows you how to add pictures and all that good stuff of html code
            host the pictures on one of many hosting websites. then, when making a post, hit the button and paste the image URL in the box that pops up, or you can use VBB [img] tags (which is all the pop up box does anyway).

edit:
            there's also this thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=55195
            Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 02-03-2014, 07:52 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

All that info is found in the rules and various threads that say "read this first", stuck at the top of each section.

HTML, however, is not allowed. Too easy to spread malicious code that way.

Comment

Working...
              X