Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering my car

So Im looking to spend a lil money on some coilover or lowering springs. What are the best rated or some peoples good buys. I got around 600-800 to spend Ive been told Function form or yonakas are good, my buddy suggested to just get lowering springs and sleeves.

Originally posted by CB7kamisama View Post
    So Im looking to spend a lil money on some coilover or lowering springs. What are the best rated or some peoples good buys. I got around 600-800 to spend Ive been told Function form or yonakas are good, my buddy suggested to just get lowering springs and sleeves.
    Function&Form Type 1s will run about $600.
    Tein Basics will be around $700
    Koni/Ground Control will be around $850, but will be hands down one of the best quality setups you can get for the car. Plus you get damping adjustability, along with a lifetime warranty, and the ability to choose your spring stiffness.

Comment

Don't waste your money on Yonaka. I don't know why that has suddenly become "the brand to get", but they can't possibly be quality. I've seen them go for $400, right alongside their generic intake and exhaust offerings.

Comment

Out of all the "cheap" brands, Function&Form Type 1s are hands down the best. They have enough users, and have been around enough to prove that they are decent. They are far from the best though.....they won't hold a candle to Koni/GC. Even the Type 2 and Type 2.5 can't hold up to Koni/GC.....despite costing more.

In my opinion, spend an extra $50 to get the best setup you can for the money. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

where are you finding your prices? because when i priced koni yellows matched with some GC sleevs i was at $950.... my F&F ones where $650 shipped. 300 dollar difference for a non dd was kinda a big deal.

Comment

If the purpose is just to lower the car and give a sportier ride for a DD, the F&F Type 1s are just fine. If the intent is to have a daily driver that will see some autox or track days just for fun, the Type 2s will be a better option (especially if you learn how to adjust them.) The Type 2.5s will obviously be better yet as Eibach springs are most certainly superior to whatever noname junk F&F put on the lower models.
            Koni/GC will most certainly provide the most capable setup, allowing for the most serious track/autox racing... if that's what you want from the setup. Even that will have its limits, but you're probably going to have to order something custom to beat what the Koni/GC setup can do.

Comparing Type 1s to Koni/GC is like comparing a stock F22A6 to an H22A. Of course the price is going to be lower... and you're going to get what you pay for.
            Not that the cheaper item is a bad choice. Buy what is best suited for your intended use.

Honestly, with the F&F coilovers on the market, I truly don't see why anyone would buy any other "cheap" brand. BWR, Yonaka, Omnipower, Ksport, D2... they're all roughly the same price, offer roughly the same level of performance (some being stiffer than others, to satisfy the 'becauseracecar' idiots)... but the F&Fs have proven to be the most consistent product of all.
            Not to mention, R&D has been done using the CB chassis for the Type 2 (maybe the Type 1 as well... not sure.) Most coilover companies just make products for the CD (if any R&D was done at all...) and simply make them available to the CB market because they'll bolt up. The cars are similar, but not identical. When it comes to performance suspension components, that difference can matter.

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
              where are you finding your prices? because when i priced koni yellows matched with some GC sleevs i was at $950.... my F&F ones where $650 shipped. 300 dollar difference for a non dd was kinda a big deal.
              GCs can be found for $300 on eBay. The shock can range from $480-$550 per set, depending on if they are on sale or not.

And I wan't comparing Koni/GC to the Type 1s directly.....you really can't do that. I was comparing them to Type 2s or 2.5s, which offer similar functions.

Comment

Even those I wouldn't say are comparable. F&F designs their systems to be for the street, with mild track use. The Koni/GC setup can be EXTREMELY aggressive, even to the point of being dangerous on the street (that would, of course, likely require a custom spring rate and revalving of the shocks.)

Always be wary of buying low-priced suspension components. I haven't heard of any GC knockoffs being sold, but that doesn't mean they're not out there. It's more difficult to fake Konis... but remember, if you buy them used, the lifetime warranty is void. Buy them new, and you can get them rebuilt or replaced by Koni for life.

Comment

i gotcha, i wasnt saying you was wrong. was just curious if you had the hook up or something casue u said a $50 difference after talking about the two. i felt cheated for a minute

Comment

Ahh well my cars currently sitting on eibach lowering springs but for some reason my right side keeps going out so i was just gonna upgrade i like being low for the look but not on the ground low lol

Comment

You could start by buying a new pair of Koni's. Put them on the with the Eibach's, save for some GCs, then throw those on when you have the cash.

Comment

Since you're lowering your car, make sure to get some camber kits or else you will go thru tires fast. That plus an alignment will help keep tire wear to a minimum

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                        My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                        Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

CB7kamisama, what shocks are you using?
                          Eibach springs are quality, and shouldn't be sagging unless you have a really old or abused set. Unless you somehow got knockoff springs (which may happen... though I haven't seen knockoff Eibachs.)

Also, as I tell everybody that starts with "my buddy said"... DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR BUDDY! Buddies never seem to know what they're talking about.
                          Don't go by what you "heard", either. Do research. Understand what makes each component do what it does, and what you need from the parts in your setup. Understanding these things is important, as your life is riding on your suspension.

Comment

I bought the car from my brother and apparently the struta dont have the bump.stops so he thinks thats why only the right side keep going on cus this is the second time.

Yeah I understand I gotta do research was trying to.get a listing of where and what I should look at lol.

Comment

dude yonakas look tyyyttee 32 way of adjusterbility so low or so high now you must buy cuz they be dope jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X