Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Shaking Steering Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaking Steering Wheel

Here's my question what causes the steering wheel to shake and vibrate like hell when stopped at a red light while the car is in gear with a automatic transmission? It happens when the car is warmed up completely when its in gear but still runs normal once i take off....its very annoying

Front motor mount

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Or, rear motor mount.

Comment

what's you're idle at ?
        this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
        How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
        Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Definitely sounds like a bad motor mount.

Comment

try putting it from drive to netural and have the hood open to see if the motor is moving more then usual

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
              what's you're idle at ?
              Its between 2000 rpm and 1000 rpm at idle while in gear

Comment

idle is perfectly fine

Comment

Kool that knocks off one headache...

Comment

Should I go ahead and replace both motor mounts

Comment

I would at least check to make sure they are the problem first.

you can do a visual check first to see if they are cracked or missing pieces

don't want to just waste money replacing parts that are still good

Comment

If the mounts are still good, what should I check for next?

Well let me update you guys on the progress.... I replaced one of the mounts drove it and it shakes a little when I stop but not as bad as it was so i guess its fixed ..I havnt been driving the car as a daily driver cause I still have a lot work to be done on it so really its a weekend project but I think the shaking is resolved.
                        Last edited by yunghogg93; 01-27-2014, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Idle should be around 800.

The mounts are most likely the issue. Check them first. You've had two weeks since people first started giving you advice. At this point, everyone else is putting more effort into diagnosing your problem than you are. If the mounts are good, then we'll try to figure out what else it could be.

Please learn to use the "edit" button, rather than posting repeatedly... or you'll find that your thread has been deleted and your post count has been reset.

Comment

don't forget to use the search function to find the thread about properly setting the idle
                            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X