Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a redlines just under 7k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a redlines just under 7k

hey guys so I have an h22a in my 2000 Honda prelude. I bought the car and its had a lot of problems from the get go but I was aware of that from the beginning. oil was getting into the sparkplugs due to a lack of the gaskets going around the sparkplug holes. the guy before me also cut the line going from the alternator to the fuse box which made vtec not work. those things are fixed now but it still has a cel p0500 or vehicle speed sensor. the car will hit vtec right now but the motor cuts out at 68000 or 6900 rpm. my engine has a redtop which is supposively the type s motor but idk. I don't want to damage the motor and I want it to be in top running condition. can anyone help figure out how to rev higher. also any suggestions to fixing the vss would be cool because im almost certain that its not just the fool before messed with some wiring that is making it not work. the dash lights don't work and the rear lights have to be turned on with a switch under the steering wheel. this fool really messed this car up

Originally posted by Timoteo View Post
    hey guys so I have an h22a in my 2000 Honda prelude. I bought the car and its had a lot of problems from the get go but I was aware of that from the beginning. oil was getting into the sparkplugs due to a lack of the gaskets going around the sparkplug holes. the guy before me also cut the line going from the alternator to the fuse box which made vtec not work. those things are fixed now but it still has a cel p0500 or vehicle speed sensor. the car will hit vtec right now but the motor cuts out at 68000 or 6900 rpm. my engine has a redtop which is supposively the type s motor but idk. I don't want to damage the motor and I want it to be in top running condition. can anyone help figure out how to rev higher. also any suggestions to fixing the vss would be cool because im almost certain that its not just the fool before messed with some wiring that is making it not work. the dash lights don't work and the rear lights have to be turned on with a switch under the steering wheel. this fool really messed this car up
    Hmm clear all those check engine codes up first then take the car to a good electrician

Comment

Originally posted by Timoteo View Post
      This must be a joke right?

7200 is redline, and 7800 is cut off. So you are probably already hitting redline. But the real question here is.....

If you don't want to damage your motor, and the guy before you obviously didn't take care of it mechanically, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO HIT REDLINE?

Stop now, and stop trying to aim for even higher rpms unless you plan on rebuilding the engine after it fails.

To hit these RPMs or higher successfully all the time you have to build the engine accordingly, and then have some modifiers as well. If this engine has leaking spark plug tube seals I'm thinking other parts may be leaking as well. High miles maybe too on the engine.

My guess is that this engine may not be a "red top" and that he simply put a red VC on it. You'll want to check the engine code to be certain. Also check your manual on the votage supplied to the VSS and how to diagnose it properly or simply swap a new one in.

BUT, if you don't care about all of this and simply want to ping 7K all day, it sounds like you are already there. Its the ECU that is limiting the engine around the 7K mark.

Comment

First off, you don't even know what engine you have... which is very bad. The engine code, if JDM, will say H22A no matter what type it is. Other identifiers will be needed to determine if it's really a Type S or Euro R.

What ECU are you using? Is the check engine light on?
        Fix the problems you know exist... such as the spark plug gaskets. And as Raf99 said, stop trying to push it to the limit when you KNOW there's something wrong. You'll only do more damage that way.

Comment

Working...
        X