Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

No pressure in clutch. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No pressure in clutch. Please help!

So my first thread on CB7 forums is a clutch issue. I've replaced the master cylinder for the clutch because it went out on me a couple days ago. Now that I have replaced it I've bled and bled and bled it going through a quart of brake fluid. For some reason I still have no pressure in the clutch pedal. It just sinks to the floor. I've tried adjusting and still nothing. Could it also be slave cylinder? Thanks again.

i did my dad's cb about a month ago had some issue took 2 hours just to bleed . just keep bleeding it and look for leak's . i bet that you're slave by the transmission is shot and leaking.
    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

I might just replace it just in case . It's not leaking but fluid is getting to it.

Comment

It's likely the slave cylinder. It shouldn't take long at all to bleed if everything is working properly. Try squeezing the boot around it to see if any fluid leaks. Either way, it's a cheap part and can be done in a matter of minutes.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah now that I think about it that boot was looking wet when I went to go bleed it. I just squeezed the boot like you said and I coul see some air bubbles coung out the end of it. Going to get one now. Thanks again guys.

Comment

I replaced both the master and the slave at once, and I couldn't get pressure at all.
            My friend came over and pried at the fork where the slave cylinder attaches, and pushed it further than it normally goes. That ended up forcing out the little bit of air that was keeping me from getting any pressure. It's still not 100% right, but it's driveable. I plan to take it to a shop and have a friend fix it the rest of the way.

Comment

why not do it you're self and save some money . i know you work a lot between you're job and this forum . but just do it on you're day off deev .
              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

I've tried it. Can't manage to get more pressure than I have. My buddy works at Honda, so I'll have him do it. He won't charge much, and I know I'll be helping a friend in the process
                I'm afraid if I mess with it too much, I'll lose all pressure again, and be back to where I was before.

Comment

Well I ended up buying that slave cylinder and now it works great. I still have some adjusting to do because the clutch grabs nearly all the way to the top. Do I screw in the push rod for the master cylinder or do I screw it out?

Comment

You may still need to bleed it more. Adjusting the rod going to the master cylinder shouldn't be necessary.

Comment

Working...
                    X