Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

skunk2 im on n/a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skunk2 im on n/a

now i know their are post asking is this good will it work yada yada came across a couple people using on turbo but yet to see one for n/a.

my question is is it the high volume that makes it only worth wild in high rpm, raising compression would make it more "usable" so to speak without being in high rpm wouldn't it? if so what is an approximate cr to see gains out of it.

Raising compression will help everywhere regardless of manifold, all else being equal.

It's the runner design and the plenum volume that determines where your power will be. If an intake is designed for high rpm, it's difficult to move the powerband else where.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2351032

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

ah i see we just have no option for n/a manifold aside from the h. so im guessing you would have to take it up to like 8500 to see any gain?

and thanks for the fast response

Comment

N/A performance from a small 4 cylinder is going to be found in the higher RPM range anyway. The more power you make, the higher you'll have to rev to get it.

Comment

You can use the rbc manifold with an adapter plate.

Your power will be falling off way before 8500 unless you have some aggressive cams. The only thing you can really do with the intake is optimize for low, mid or upper end torque.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Mid range is best

F22 is midrange monster

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

If you're looking for a "personal account", from someone who owns the Skunk2 Manifold, the power increase is marginal. You've pretty much answered your own question already, you have to rev to see these gains. So as far as the "butt dyno" from stoplight to stoplight, you won't see much. Again this is my own personal opinion, but this is more of a "down the road" mod. If you plan to go boost, or perhaps do some serious investment in the head, this does pay off in the end. Otherwise, unless you're racing or just want some engine bay bling, this is what you will get from this mod.
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
              If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

well this isnt just a one part upgrade im researching parts so i can come up with a parts list to start buying and building an cam is in the picture for sure so this can be a consideration as is the rbc i didnt think the f had adapter plate for it

and also thanks to all your information was very helpfull and definitely answered my question

Comment

The skunk2 doesn't bolt to the F either. The H22A and F22A ports are slightly different. I think we all were guessing that you had an H22A or similar engine.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

considered just using the adapter plate but at this point its looking better to go with h manifold with a port and polish

Comment

There is an adapter plate for the F22A with the Skunk2 Manifold. The RBC manifold isn't a true drop in modification and since you don't have an H22A that's lost on you as well.

The Golden Eagle Manifold bolts in perfectly, but it's much pricier. That thing is HUGE, so expect the same parameters about power as the Skunk2.

Comment

the golden eagle im sounds more for high rpm only by the size you say how well would it match with a bisi level 2 regrind performance p&p an 10.5 pistons

i know i should search but ive done alot of searching and havent came across the golden eagle manifold ive seen the h plenum swap obx bisi's etc but not golden eagle

Comment

Bisi doesn't have a manifold, he uses Golden Eagle's.

If you want to know how well it works with the proposed modifications, go find out; that's the only way to know.

Comment

That's still a mild setup, there will be a couple HP to gain compared to a modified stock manifold. Is it worth the money to you though?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

What's your final goal? It seems like you're looking at some serious modifications, which could make the car pretty lousy for daily driving.

Comment

Working...
                              X