Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rpm gauge going NUUUUUTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rpm gauge going NUUUUUTS

Ok so I have the stupid honda idle problem so I tried taking my IACV off to clean it. The hoses didn't wanna come off so I sprayed it down with carb cleaner and I think some got in the intake manifold... didn't fix the idle problem but actually caused quite a bit of another problem.. while driving, or at idle, my rpm gauge will just simply go nuts. NOT ALL THE TIME. The engine won't do anything the tachometer just goes nuuuuuts. Every now and then while driving at like 2100 rpms the motor will buck like it turned off and compression started itself.. and also every now and then my tachometer will drop to zero for a second and go back to where it should be and then it backfires. God someone plz tell me what I did lol would the MAF do this kind of stuff? I know I noticed a cooling fan fuse blown and I swapped it with a fuse from the power seats. Since ya know.. I don't have power seats lol. Could the power seat fuse possibly be doing something else? I just want this thing to run right!! I'm trying to sell it and as soon as it goes on craigslist everything goes wrong lmao. O yea only once this happened to me.. I stopped at a stop light and my battery idiot light went on so I was like oh man what now and then I noticed my car was off.. it started right up though and I drove it home... wtf??

How are you grounds on the battery terminal and the chassis also engine? rusted/dirty? loose? Ill check that first before anything.. sounds like a weak ground. I maybe wrong. but its free to do what i said and its a start.

Comment

Igniter. Behind the distributor cap. Replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ely585 View Post
        How are you grounds on the battery terminal and the chassis also engine? rusted/dirty? loose? Ill check that first before anything.. sounds like a weak ground. I maybe wrong. but its free to do what i said and its a start.
        I have soooo many grounds lol i made my own so its not a loose ground. Im thinking its an igniter cuz it kinda seems like a missfire. Should I just get a new cap n rotor?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          This, do it fast...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            This, do it fast...
            Like today

And since you have the distributor cap off might as well replace it and the rotor too
            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
              Like today

And since you have the distributor cap off might as well replace it and the rotor too
              do this like they said make sure it's oem
              CB7TUNER.com
              Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

I'll throw this out there...I got mine from Autozone and it hasn't failed me in 4-5 years...ymmv

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

You can't go wrong with OEM, but I've never heard of a cheaper igniter causing any problems.

Personally, I just go to the junkyard and snag a few igniters. I've never purchased a new one!

Comment

You can't go wrong with OEM, but I've never heard of a cheaper igniter causing any problems.

Personally, I just go to the junkyard and snag a few igniters. I've never purchased a new one!
                    I only suggested the oem ignitor because I had personal bad experiance with 2 new ones from aurozone, then I got an old oem one and it worked perfect.
                    CB7TUNER.com

Comment

It's an easy part to replace and return, so as long as there's a warranty in place, it's not that big of a deal.
                      OEM is ALWAYS going to be the safest option, though. You're right.

Comment

It's an easy part to replace and return, so as long as there's a warranty in place, it's not that big of a deal.
                        OEM is ALWAYS going to be the safest option, though. You're right.
                        Easy my ass dude everything is crammed into such a small space and the only two screws I have left to get off are stripped as hell. Like there is no hope.. so wtf should I just go get a whole new distributer? Omg I do not want this car any more why is everything so f**ked. Every important bolt snaps off every important screw strips everything else is already stripped ugh I'm probably gonna part this stupid car out

Comment

Sorry for calling you dude lol

Comment

I'll buy the car from you for 5 bucks...

We've all been there, it's part of the territory of owning an old car. The fun part is making it work. And by making it work I mean using vice grips and prybars. Those have to be the MOST valuable set of tools for working on a CB, imo. Plus you have to be gentle-er, everything doesn't have to be torqued to 160 ft-lbs.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                              I'll buy the car from you for 5 bucks...

We've all been there, it's part of the territory of owning an old car. The fun part is making it work. And by making it work I mean using vice grips and prybars. Those have to be the MOST valuable set of tools for working on a CB, imo. Plus you have to be gentle-er, everything doesn't have to be torqued to 160 ft-lbs.
                              second the vise grips on old stripped accord bolts like the ones on your ignitor.
                              CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Working...
                              X