Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Short Shifter Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Shifter Options

Hi all,

Just thought i'd ask what people are running as a short shifter kit because i'm looking to get one myself. If you could include pics or your two cents on the product, that'd be great. Other tha n the Neuspeed kit, the only ones I've found are DIY specials. Im all for that but I want it to look and feel as OEM as possible. I'd prefer an actual kit or real shifter though. No at home piping. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Gabe
    Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
    The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

All short shifters do exactly the same thing. They relocate the mounting points of the shifter cables. All adapters, be it Neuspeed, OBX, or something you slapped together at Home Depot will do exactly the same thing... with all benefits (shorter throw), and drawbacks (notchy shifting, hitting the side of the console).
    Making your own adapter and adjusting it so you can shorten the throw while minimizing or eliminating the drawbacks would be your best bet.
    Another option is to install the shifter and bucket from a BB4 Prelude, which will bolt right in. It shortens the throw a bit, without causing issues.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      All short shifters do exactly the same thing. They relocate the mounting points of the shifter cables. All adapters, be it Neuspeed, OBX, or something you slapped together at Home Depot will do exactly the same thing... with all benefits (shorter throw), and drawbacks (notchy shifting, hitting the side of the console).
      Making your own adapter and adjusting it so you can shorten the throw while minimizing or eliminating the drawbacks would be your best bet.
      Another option is to install the shifter and bucket from a BB4 Prelude, which will bolt right in. It shortens the throw a bit, without causing issues.
      Cool thanks for the input! Google wasnt really too helpful on that one. It just kept throwing the Neuspeed kit at me

Check out my MRT!

The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

I'm looking for a short shifter as well

Did you ever make a decision? I'm looking for a short throw shifter as well and have heard bad news about the neuspeed adapter. Does it even work? I know when I bought my ebay short shifter for my 91 DA9 man that was the best mod I had on my car, lol. I loved it but it's different from the CB7 because it has cables and not shift linkage. Anyone have any suggestions that'll feel like my DA9 shifter did in my CB7?
        Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Cables will never feel like rods.
          All ANY short shifter does is relocate the mounting points of the cables. Honestly, one is no better than the other. The Neuspeed adapter is probably the best adapter you can buy.
          Swapping in a Prelude shifter and bucket is your best option, really. Not as short as an adapter, but it won't make you hit the console or grind your gears, either.

Comment

cool (:

Thanks a lot bro. Oh can we swap the BB4 shifter and add an adapter to that Just wondering. lol
            Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

You can. I've seen people use Prelude short shifters (full levers) that way. The Forbidden shifter was common... but discontinued now.

I wouldn't, though. You're already shortening the throw with the shifter swap itself. Add an adapter to that, and you're likely to do damage to your transmission.

Comment

no doubt

thanks again, time to hit the salvage yard. YEAAAAH BOI!
                Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

Originally posted by 1991acclude View Post
                  thanks again, time to hit the salvage yard. YEAAAAH BOI!
                  yeah i went with the BB6 shifter

Check out my MRT!

Comment

some of the pictures might not work because they are older threads, but here you go:

all-prelude way: http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...=short+shifter

Home Depot DIY: http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...=short+shifter

another DIY, pictures still work: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=short

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                    X