Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a4 engine not starting when hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a4 engine not starting when hot

I just put another head on my car and now once my motor warms up it shuts off on its own, and will just turn over when trying to start it.

Where should I start looking for what's wrong?

is it the a4 head you are using?
    visit vgruk

Comment

Maybe the Coil in the Dizzy.

steve

Comment

Its got the a6 head on it now and the 2 weeks before this past Sunday the dizzy was sitting in my car inside a garage while the motor was waiting for a head.

I pulled the main relay and opened it up and smells a little burnt. Could that be my problem?

Also I keep going through the 50 amp block like fuses for the ignition in the under hood fuse box.

Comment

I doubt it's the main relay but it's worth looking into.

Common main relay problems are difficult cold and hot starts ps, and unable to start for a few minutes after stalling the motor

Did you check your spark plugs? They can tell a lot about what's going on inside your cylinders like tire tread.
          Last edited by MrMagnificent; 10-30-2013, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Ok so I changed out the coil and started right up but I turned it off to change out the upper radiator hose clamp and once again not starting. I checked for spark but there is no spark. So what's next?

Comment

the igniter modul in the dizzy, you can also resolder the main relay just in case.

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

Comment

Check valve clearances and adjust them as needed.
                A&P-IA

Comment

could be ither bad dizzy or your main relay my car used to do that when it warmed up id shut it of and would not fire up but still crank over just wouldnt start so i did alot of work dizzy ect and once i changed my main relay it spoted . hope you fix it soon goodluck

Comment

Valve clearances were just set on sunday

Comment

Run codes. Can be a bad coolant temp sensor. Our cars depend on that sensor.

Main relay, you can figure it out if you see the check engine light turn off followed by a click when you turn to ignition. If you hear a click and crank it and it doesn't start then its NOT the main relay.

But if your saying no spark, im leading towards coil/dizzy. OR loose or yucky ecu ground on thermostat housing. Take it off and clean it.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

That ground is clean. This weekend I'm gonna see about getting another dizzy and putting on there to see if that fixes the problem

Comment

Before you do that, see if the coil is getting power when it dies.
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Well it turned out that my icm was bad so I changed it. And now I have to change the fuel pressure regulator, cause its just pouring gas in my motor right now bad enough its coming out the exhaust.

Comment

Ok so I changed the regulator out and its still pouring white smoke our the exhaust. Is there anything else that it could be?

Comment

Working...
                              X