Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

filling up with gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car I had before this was a 2004 Cavalier which had only a 14 gallon fuel tank plus our prices around here average around $3.10-$3.20 that's why most of the time when I had to fill up the most I used was around $35.

Comment

in that case i have a big issue then . i got to keep track of how much i putt in . if not it will flow out no matter where i go .
      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Ive had 4 Hondas now, a couple of them were even new, and they have all done it. Once the pump clicks off, its done filling up, very little topping off before its coming back out lol

Comment

If you read your owner's manual, "Do not overfill the tank; fill only until the gas pump clicks off automatically and never top off."

Don't count on a full 17 gallons in the tank. That may be its total capacity, but its usable capacity is only about 15.5 gallons (I ran out in my wagon once and managed to coast into a station, took 15.4 gallons).
          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 09-27-2013, 11:42 PM.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Yea it "clicked" on me so I stopped. That's how it figured out there was nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
              No, it doesn't have to seal to create pressure.

Think of filling a jerrycan, it is definitely NOT a tight fit at all, therefore almost no back pressure.
              You could fill an open container and the pump will stop as soon as you put the nozzle in the fuel.

The pump cuts when the nozzle is physically in fuel, not by the amount of back pressure.
              What do you mean jerry can. J/k that sounds funny because I don't think I've ever heard that.
              One click is what it says right on the pump as well. Further more with the new stage 3 blah blah blah nozzle anything beyond the first click will circulate back into the pump. That's what it says on the pump. Anything past one click is a waste of money.
              I've driven till the gas light was on dozens of times and even had some sputtering without ever getting to a 15 gallon fill up.
              And my 1991 civic si would only take about 10 gallons so if the price is right that would be about 35 dollars. It was only 10-15 dollars to fill up back when I was driving it.
              Last edited by cb7 calling; 09-28-2013, 06:49 AM.
              ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Working...
              X