Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Reviving the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reviving the car

I have purchased CB1 from someone. Following are the specs

Specifications
    Engine: F18B VTEC
    ECU: PCG-901 (F23A VTEC)
    Transmission: 92 Accord

I have few questions that
    1. My car dies after running few KM. I have done necessary tuning and stuff new plugs etc..... Same is on PETROL as well as CNG(on cng Injectors are disabled so ECU cant do much even its in limp mode)

2. What Transmission originally came with F18b? can it fit in my car with the engine?

3. What is the default ECU for F18B?

4. Battery Voltage on fully charged battery with car on is 13.5 where as on positive bolt of alternator its 14.1 is my alternator bad or wiring?

Found out that your car came with a T2C5 (manual) from the factory. Couldn't find what ECU came with the car but you could call an engine depot place and that's selling your engine type with the ECU.

Hopefully someone else can shed some light.

The Facebook group

Comment

I had to look up the F18B. I've never seen one of those in a CB before. I honestly didn't even know that there was a VTEC F18!
      It's from a 1997 or newer car, so it's obviously a swap (which I'm sure you knew.) The CNG ability is something that has been added as well, I think, as I don't believe Honda ever produced any CNG vehicles from the factory. I could be wrong, though.

I don't know how much I can help, but I'll offer what I can.

1) Does the check engine light come on when running on petrol? Is there any sort of computer management for CNG operation? I would check the switch and wiring used to shift between the two. When one is on, the other is off... so my thought is that something could be turning both off after a bit.

2) That transmission would most likely fit your car. The only modification you may need to make would be to tap a new mounting hole in the transmission casing. You'll find the proper transmission in a 97-02 (I think to 02) Accord 1.8VTS/VTE in Japan, or a European Accord VTEC S of the same years.

3) The F23A ECU could very well be a cause for improper operation in petrol mode, as it's fueling for a much larger engine. I couldn't find any info on the proper ECU either (and without the ability to type in Japanese, searching Japan's eBay site yielded nothing!)
      Was your CB1 previously fuel injected? If not, many things would have to have been properly modified to make it work with the fuel injected F18B. I'll assume it was originally fuel injected (since I have absolutely no experience with the carbureted variety... we never got those in the US.)
      The injectors for the F18B would likely be very different from those used in the car's original engine. The original CB injectors would have used the injector resistor box in the engine bay, whereas the F18B's probably would not use it. If the previous owner used the F18B injectors with the CB's resistor box, that could cause problems. Likewise, if the CB's original injectors were used, they are probably the wrong size for the F18B. If aftermarket injectors are being used, the ECU might just not be compatible with them at all!

4) Electrical things are a weak area for me, so I don't want to risk giving bad information here.

As I mentioned, I don't believe any CB Accord was ever made to run on CNG. I'm not sure that any 6th generation (that your F18B came from) was, either. That means someone performed a very extensive modification... which makes it fairly difficult to pinpoint the problem.

Comment

Honda has sold a Civic natural gas vehicle for many years, but Deevergote is correct that they have never sold an Accord natural gas vehicle.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about the CNG Civic. I don't think they ever sold them in my area.
          Don't forget, the OP isn't in the US (at least I'm assuming not...)

Comment

Natural Gas only exists extensibly in Califonia, so outside of there, you will never see one.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I have plenty of natural gas, usually after eating beans and stuff.

OP, the only thing I can say is that the voltages you see are because of the ELD. The alt and battery seem within spec.

Get us some photos, this CB sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I had to look up the F18B. I've never seen one of those in a CB before. I honestly didn't even know that there was a VTEC F18!
                It's from a 1997 or newer car, so it's obviously a swap (which I'm sure you knew.) The CNG ability is something that has been added as well, I think, as I don't believe Honda ever produced any CNG vehicles from the factory. I could be wrong, though.

I don't know how much I can help, but I'll offer what I can.

1) Does the check engine light come on when running on petrol? Is there any sort of computer management for CNG operation? I would check the switch and wiring used to shift between the two. When one is on, the other is off... so my thought is that something could be turning both off after a bit.

2) That transmission would most likely fit your car. The only modification you may need to make would be to tap a new mounting hole in the transmission casing. You'll find the proper transmission in a 97-02 (I think to 02) Accord 1.8VTS/VTE in Japan, or a European Accord VTEC S of the same years.

3) The F23A ECU could very well be a cause for improper operation in petrol mode, as it's fueling for a much larger engine. I couldn't find any info on the proper ECU either (and without the ability to type in Japanese, searching Japan's eBay site yielded nothing!)
                Was your CB1 previously fuel injected? If not, many things would have to have been properly modified to make it work with the fuel injected F18B. I'll assume it was originally fuel injected (since I have absolutely no experience with the carbureted variety... we never got those in the US.)
                The injectors for the F18B would likely be very different from those used in the car's original engine. The original CB injectors would have used the injector resistor box in the engine bay, whereas the F18B's probably would not use it. If the previous owner used the F18B injectors with the CB's resistor box, that could cause problems. Likewise, if the CB's original injectors were used, they are probably the wrong size for the F18B. If aftermarket injectors are being used, the ECU might just not be compatible with them at all!

4) Electrical things are a weak area for me, so I don't want to risk giving bad information here.

As I mentioned, I don't believe any CB Accord was ever made to run on CNG. I'm not sure that any 6th generation (that your F18B came from) was, either. That means someone performed a very extensive modification... which makes it fairly difficult to pinpoint the problem.

Such a detailed reply there. Well In regards my car was CB1 and came with F18A that what a plate above headlight says. The Engine is Bolt on no modification. This engine orignally came with Trip TRonic Gear Box. I found in junkyard from Japanese Imported Engines they are in Good Condition

In regards of ECU the orignal ECU that came with this F18B is PCC-90(1-4)

I Also Found that. People are saying replace the engine but engine is in superb condition, The bad thing here is people here swap as they want car running. The swap guy did not installed odb2 port or EVAP used old F18A transmission.

The swaps done here mostly try to use transmissions with kickdown cables however some use whole engine + Tranny + Wiring.

I do not believe that there is a box for injectors as the engine wiring is separate one single pipe like structure which distributes wires to designated area, It runs from computer to engine no place else. The engines come with ECU+ Transmission+ Un Cut wiring

My CNG wiring is done this way http://www.pakwheels.com/blog/2011/1...anceremulator/

By the way they are using latest CNG on civics here :P

I have taken time from best ECU guy in market hope he resolves the issue.

By the way if i unplug the VTEC Solenoid the computer goes into limp mode and starts rev limiter at 3k. Other than that it goes to 5k Even 5k is low VTEC does not have chance to kick in.

Didnt posted pics because paint is a bit rough so you may not like it :P donot want CB guys see their loved car in faded paint
                Last edited by afnan; 09-17-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X