Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

high rpm sputter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

high rpm sputter

ok we just got done with the h22 swap from a running prelude donor
    no CEL
    but she stutters or bogs at 6000 rpms and seems sluggish on acceleration
    the wagon was running, smoking abit with its 26100 miles of abuse, the prelude was also running really nice , with a tranny that shifts like butter. any ideas
    chipped p13 supposed stock tune
    rc 440 injectors
    aem fuel rail
    aem fuel pressure regulator
    remaned dizzy
    new rotor
    new cap
    Last edited by cb9love; 08-27-2013, 12:26 AM. Reason: more info
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

The P13 isn't really "chippable". Get a proper stock P13, replace those unnecessary oversized injectors with stock OBD1 H22 injectors.

Comment

will stock gsr injectors work ? what about remapping the ecu ? its the only one i found locally . the only changes too the base map should have been launch control at 3000 rpms and lowering vtec too 5000 rpms . would turning the fuel pressure down help with the oversized injectors (the other available injectors were 600 too 1000 cc ) new injectors are supposed too be able too handle a wider range of fuel delivery this is how people are making the cars into flex-fuel vehicles . but hey if i had access too stock obd1 h22a1 injectors and a bone stock ecu they would already be in the car
      CB7TUNER.com

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Acura-...r#ht_62wt_1275

http://www.injectorwarehouse.com/inj...nda/mp4013.htm

Happy birthday you do have access to them. It's called the internet.

Comment

cool do they take cash can i get them now so my DD is moving again?
          CB7TUNER.com

Comment

I accept cash mail me the money and i'll order all the stuff for you because your to lazy to go get a loadable credit card. And order the stuff. So go ahead and mail me the cash and I'll get it for you.

Comment

cool you gonna have those too my house today
              CB7TUNER.com

Comment

i went too jegs picked up a fuel pressure gauge and some fittings. i used some good pipe putty and threaded it into the fuel rail. then started adjusting the fuel pressure regulator. had too turn it down a bit but now its reeving too 7500 rpm no problem where it starts again. Time too slowly turn it down and test it. but with the launch control that is on the ecu i picked up set at 3000 rpm we have too take it down the street and run 1st up too the trouble spot . so its time too take a break and let the neighborhood rest.
                CB7TUNER.com

Comment

shes pulling well past 7500 rpm now gonna have too leave the neighbor hood too do anymore high rpm testing
                  CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
                    I accept cash mail me the money and i'll order all the stuff for you because your to lazy to go get a loadable credit card. And order the stuff. So go ahead and mail me the cash and I'll get it for you.
                    Yea, don't do that or you'll both be banned.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                      lol
                      CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
                        ^^^^^ relax guys this guy seems legit... lol
                        Last edited by Nyne521; 08-28-2013, 12:33 AM.

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                          I just worked 13 hours. I'm not in a good mood. He can take 5 days to think it over.

cb9love, no, GSR injectors will not work. Remapping the ECU won't work, because NOBODY TUNES A P13!!!

Get a stock P13, and get proper OBD1 H22A injectors. I don't know how to make that any more clear. I understand that this is your DD, but you should've taken these things into consideration before beginning the swap.
                          If you got the engine from a running Prelude, shouldn't the stock ECU and injectors have come with it? Sounds like you picked up someone else's halfassed project, and now you're suffering for it.

Honestly, in addition to the injectors and ECU, I'd install a stock fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator. Eliminate all the variables by returning as much of the engine to stock as you can, and you'll have a much easier time of things. THEN you can start upgrading stuff... after researching for the proper way to do it (because what you have now is far from the proper way.)

I really hope those big injectors and raped ECU haven't done damage already. It's possible that they have.

Comment

dropped fuel presser P.O of swap had it set up around 90psi dropped presser back to 38ish reset timing runs great, and the again the 440 in my car are less then DSM turbo injectors jackasses drop in stock d's, and next week when the stage 3 bisi cams and re-tune the 440's should be nice. Also I just referred to the ecu as a p13 because its suppose to be a stock h22 map and all the stickers have been peeled off the ecu. And yes GSR injectors will work fine, and yes I pulled apart someone elses bull shit prelude half ass build, but got some nice parts cheap. and no the prelude was a 97, wired obd2 and i was trying not too hack apart my so no injectors or ecu that's why i sourced all my parts before i tore my car apart and from the research its rather common too run a chipped ecu with a base map on stock motors .
                            CB7TUNER.com

Comment

OBD2 injectors with OBD1 plugs spliced on, remove the injector resistor box... done.

Reducing the fuel pressure can still be a bad thing. Those are big injectors, so it's likely that the spray pattern sucks balls with low pressure. You're probably dribbling fuel into the cylinders.

But whatever... you've ignored my advice once, and the second time you basically told me that you already know what you're doing... so good luck to you. I hope you get it working right.
                              I'm out.

Comment

Working...
                              X