Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Newly Purchased CB7 tune-up/maintence suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly Purchased CB7 tune-up/maintence suggestions

Hey all,

Recently got a 92 accord LX with around 202k on the dash...

everything's stock, car runs well. I dont know any of the history on the car.

Im looking for some suggestions & input on what things I should do to keep it running well and be a reliable DD.

I looked through and searched the forum some. I know the valve cover gasket & seals need to be replaced as there is oil is the spark plug tubes.

Things I'm planning to do asap:
    Valve Cover Gasket & Seals, Felpro kit
    spark plugs and wires both NGK
    oil change with mobil 1 oil and filter
    air filter or make a short ram intake.
    Fuel Filter
    Clean the IAC Valve & Throttle Body

I know it needs new brake pads so Ill prob go ahead and do new pads rotors and SS lines.

I know it needs some suspension work, so while I attack that aspect, I'll go ahead with some aftermarket shocks and springs. I've previously had eibach sportline springs on stock shocks and skunk 2 pro s coilovers on my FA1 civic.... I loved the way the sportlines rode but the pro s coils were to stiff and bouncy. What are some shock & spring combo suggestions.

Then it will be time for alignment and wheels & tires

Im looking for some suggestions & input on what other things I should do to keep it running well and be a reliable DD as well as upgrade parts.
    92 Accord Lx Sedan w/ F22A6
    06 Civic LX Sedan*sold*

You are talking spring/coil upgrades without maintaining/upgrading your suspension. Bushing, control arms, ball joints, cv boots/joints, tie rods....

the motor maintenance sound about right though.

Comment

Timing belt and water pump... THE first thing you should do.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
        Which will force you to do a drain and fill on the coolant, another good step!
        1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
        2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

Yes, the timing belt and water is the first must plus seals if possible. The last thing you need is the timing belt breaking and pistons meeting up with the valves.

Comment

Originally posted by BramptonCB View Post
            You are talking spring/coil upgrades without maintaining/upgrading your suspension. Bushing, control arms, ball joints, cv boots/joints, tie rods....

the motor maintenance sound about right though.
            I plan on taking care of those things before I slap on any coil/spring/shock upgrades... thanks for reminding me

What is a good brand for our cars to go with for maintaining/upgrading the suspension like the items you mentioned?

Yep! I'll make that happen too...

Any other suggestions? small upgrades etc I can do...

Ive read the fuel efficiency thread & the make more HP thread
            06 Civic LX Sedan*sold*

Comment

Well did some reading up and troubleshooting this morning on the VSS since my speedometer was working off and on and D4 was flashing.

I cleaned the pin plug and pulled the VSS out and cleaned some of the dirt and gime around and in it out...

Speedometer odometer work and D4 not flashing anymore !
              Last edited by Jlh2003; 08-22-2013, 12:38 PM.
              06 Civic LX Sedan*sold*

Comment

Originally posted by Jlh2003 View Post
                Hey all,
                What are some shock & spring combo suggestions.

Then it will be time for alignment and wheels & tires

Im looking for some suggestions & input on what other things I should do to keep it running well and be a reliable DD as well as upgrade parts.
                Function and Form Type 1 or 2 should be fine.

Nah, H Swap is the FIRST thing you do.

Just kidding, but it's not a bad idea....
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                  Function and Form Type 1 or 2 should be fine.

Nah, H Swap is the FIRST thing you do.

Just kidding, but it's not a bad idea....

Ha! It has crossed my mind.....lol only downfall is I don't have many resources or friends local to help.....

in due time it may happen
                  06 Civic LX Sedan*sold*

Comment

Originally posted by Jlh2003 View Post
                    Ha! It has crossed my mind.....lol only downfall is I don't have many resources or friends local to help.....

in due time it may happen
                    Have you asked anyone here on the forum for help in your city or town? There's always someone in this site that may be in your area that's a CB owner/tuner like yourself that may be able to help. Better than having a shady shop charge you an arm, leg, and left nut for questionableo work. And, helps you get to know your ride better with hands on. Check out the Regional subforum.
                    Last edited by Accord1320; 08-26-2013, 01:01 PM.

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
                    Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Where you located i'm always down for throwing down on a h swap. Or working on any cb really.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord1320 View Post
                        Have you asked anyone here on the forum for help in your city or town? There's always someone in this site that may be in your area that's a CB owner/tuner like yourself that may be able to help. Better than having a shady shop charge you an arm, leg, and left nut for questionableo work. And, helps you get to know your ride better with hands on. Check out the Regional subforum.
                        Nah but good point I'll check it out.

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
                        Where you located i'm always down for throwing down on a h swap. Or working on any cb really.
                        I'm in central Mississippi right outside Jackson area but I have family in south Mississippi and Louisiana.
                        06 Civic LX Sedan*sold*

Comment

I'm in missouri Take a weekend come on up bring some parts we'll drink some beer actually I don't drink but that sounded good and we will take a day and dominate out a timing belt water pump and w.e other parts you have clutch motor don't bother me any lol

Comment

I made a run to the local junk yard yesterday they had a bunch of accords 90's models and low 2000's majority was well picked thru...

I did pick up a VSS since mine stopped working. Grabbed a new dash trim piece along with ashtray and cig lighter since I was missing those and the dash piece was craked in the corner below the HVAC controls. Also got some tag light lenses since mine had paint overspray.

I made a short ram intake using the stock tubing and a K&N filter. I cleaned the tube throttle bottle and IAC valve. Car runs a lot smoother and no more hesitation or rough idle when I stop with The AC on.

Here's some pics

Before

After

Here's a pic of the car... It's a lighter blue and fades to dark blue... Car was originally light green.

Last edited by Jlh2003; 08-27-2013, 03:38 PM.
                            06 Civic LX Sedan*sold*

Comment

Originally posted by andrew22888 View Post
                              I'm in missouri Take a weekend come on up bring some parts we'll drink some beer actually I don't drink but that sounded good and we will take a day and dominate out a timing belt water pump and w.e other parts you have clutch motor don't bother me any lol
                              Hmmm lol

I'm going to stock pile a descent amount of parts if I make those plans to come up... My ex wife's sister lives in Kansas City..

Let me get together most my parts and I just might have to make a road trip!

Need to get together all my tune up stuff, full exhaust or at least header and catback.. Rotors & pads and full suspension upgrade... Bushing, control arms, ball joints, cv boots/joints, tie rods shocks and lowering springs or coilovers
                              06 Civic LX Sedan*sold*

Comment

Working...
                              X