Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Supercharger???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharger???

I saw this "Turbonator Superchager" online at streetbeatcustoms.com for $90, it goes in the intake pipe. It is supposed to give 5-10 more hp, along with a mpg increase. Has anybody used these before?

Here's the link:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Tor...Charger/17725/

MRT---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200945

.... Are You Serious Right Now?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Redseth01 View Post
      I saw this "Turbonator Superchager" online at streetbeatcustoms.com for $90, it goes in the intake pipe. It is supposed to give 5-10 more hp, along with a mpg increase. Has anybody used these before?

Here's the link:

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Tor...Charger/17725/
      It's junk bro, It actually restricts the air flow.

Comment

Neither turbo nor supercharger, but it is a waste of money.

Comment

I wasn't planning on buying it, I just wanted to know what the heck it does. It looks like you could do the same thing and get the same results with a computer fan.

Comment

I'd love to buy one of these and physically collect it from the seller.
            Drive to to a dyno, Then drive straight back and not only get my money back, but get more for false advertising.

Whats worse is the ACTUAL listing price - $199.99!!!!

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

"new"
              This crap has been on the market for well over a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                I'd love to buy one of these and physically collect it from the seller.
                Drive to to a dyno, Then drive straight back and not only get my money back, but get more for false advertising.

Whats worse is the ACTUAL listing price - $199.99!!!!
                Man you got that right! I guess just another way to crap up a perfectly good car. *sigh* Maybe it gives that turbo sound? I don't know but like I said before, a computer fan would do the same thing that this would do I imagine. The name of it is kind of saying "hey buy me so I can break your car."

Comment

I'll just leave this here

Last edited by Hooligan90; 07-23-2013, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redseth01 View Post
                    Man you got that right! I guess just another way to crap up a perfectly good car. *sigh* Maybe it gives that turbo sound? I don't know but like I said before, a computer fan would do the same thing that this would do I imagine. The name of it is kind of saying "hey buy me so I can break your car."
                    A computer fan is more likely to make a difference. At least that spins with external power! This thing is spun by the incoming air.
                    At least the original Tornado thingy was just a piece of finned metal. This one has moving parts. Moving parts break. Broken parts will find their way into the engine. Broken parts in the engine mean a broken engine. Boom.

Comment

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 2winRB25 View Post
                        Thats actually a different product and theory.
                        That type usually claims to create positive pressure.

The type the OP posted claims that the design creates turbulant air flow in a specific way to create more power and improve airflow.

Electric superchargers have been proven to work - Properly designed ones that is, Though they usually require a boot full of heavy batteries which really defeats the purpose!!

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Yeah, the real electric superchargers function more like nitrous systems than anything else. A short burst of power, and then the system must be recharged (only instead of a bottle of gas, you have a bunch of batteries.)

With today's lightweight batteries, and the availability of high output alternators, the genuine electric superchargers are a pretty viable option. The only downside is the expense. It'd be close to $6000 (probably more) to purchase and install everything necessary to make it work.
                          They still fascinate me, though.

Comment

i wanna see someone twin leaf charge a CB now haha I love those guys.

well if we measure form here to here VINNN VINNN

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

wut?

Comment

Working...
                              X