Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

More power!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More power!

I wanted to know if there were small things I could do to my car to make it a little faster. My 92 auto seems so slow. Any like cheap things I could do to make it at least a little faster? I know intake is one.
    BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Originally posted by RoseRoyce View Post
    I wanted to know if there were small things I could do to my car to make it a little faster. My 92 auto seems so slow. Any like cheap things I could do to make it at least a little faster? I know intake is one.
    Everything you need to know is stickied at the top of this section.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158531
    My MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200048

(Turbo lag - turbo power) + HYPE = VTEC

Bought From: Davids92Accord

Sold To:

Comment

Give it a proper tune up. You've probably lost more power due to regular wear and tear than you'll be able to add with a few cheap modifications. Restore, maintain, modify.

Comment

Keep in mind that it's a 21 year old economy car with an automatic transmission. Relative to many cars on the road it's not going to be very fast without extensive modifications.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I did the tune up in April . Oil change, plugs, wires, cap n rotor, air filter. Trans fluid although I did add Lucas to it like an idiot. I have an old dragon air filter frm my other accord . Il put that on and see how it drives
          BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Don't. Those cheap shit filters will do more harm than good. Get yourself a good K&N, AEM, or Apexi filter.

Comment

Foreal? Aw man that sucks. This whole time I was like yaaa I got an intake! But if it does more harm then forget it. Thanx for the heads up man
              BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

An intake will give a small bump in power, but if the filter isn't good, you'll be sucking in crap that will eventually kill your engine. Given that the engine is already 20 years old, that's not a good idea.
                If you have an intake pipe, you can get a good filter for it. A pipe is a pipe. It's the filter that matters!

Comment

It's a good thing you said that bc my intake filter is filthy . And it doesn't look like the filter is removable ? But il check out those other brands you suggested.
                  BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

If the filter on your current intake isn't removable, then that's really lame!
                    Get a good cone filter (AEM dry flow filters are my favorite, though I don't have one yet... I envy my friend's) and just cut the old filter off the pipe if it's really not removable. You should be able to put the AEM filter on there as long as you get the proper diameter (probably 2.5", but measure it to be sure.)

Comment

Just got off of eBay . Found the dryflo filter Aem for 50 bucks. Prolly gonna do what you said and attach it to the pipe I have . Can't wait for next weeks check lol
                      BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

You're not going to really FEEL the difference with just an intake. Depending on what f22 you have you can use an a6 cam with h23 intake manifold, intake, header, exhaust, and a good tune. But that auto trans being swap for a 5 speed would benefit you more right now.

Comment

A real tune-up includes valve adjustments, not just throwing new plugs and wires on. When was the last time you checked valve lash and clearance?

Comment

I have an auto and Intake and the exhaust is
                            prolly best thing For it besides the obvious
                            maintenance stuff. Waiting for h23 Intake
                            Mani I scored. 35 bux for isn't bad so well
                            See.

Comment

you need to do exhaust work to, bigger piping from the headers back, (not massive freaking fart can pipes you can shove your fist in) the better the car can breath the better it will perform, and dont go with a stock header, try to go for something without the ninety degree bend in it (from my knowledge thats what most stock headers have) find one that is angled smoother, exhaust gas is, bouncy per say so having that ninety degree angle in the header is detrimental to the performace. think of it like throwing a ball against a wall, as apposed to down a hill lol, thats the best simile i could muster

Comment

Working...
                              X