Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Door Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's another You Tube video which might just save some of the damage to door by Briansmobile, watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ3DdNkcd2s

Comment

I had the same problem, I looked on youtube and found videos that tell you where to drill to pop the mechanism internally on the latch on our door and they did not work. The door latch mechanism failing is a common accord problem. I recommend (because I did it this way after I drilled in the wrong spot like the youtube videos said) you remove the door panel from the inside. There is enough clearance for this. Place the chisel in the middle of the mechanism and chisel the door lock mechanism apart. this will take some elbow grease and time but it works. Make sure you go to a junk yard and get a properly working latch from 90-93 accord before you start. I got one for 20 bucks. Once you chisel the latch enough it will release the door. Remove the three screws holding the latch mechanism then install the jy part.

Comment

The door is still stuck as of now because I haven't had the time/been brave enough to take out the seats and then take the door panel apart not to mention I don't have the part. Does anyone know what they call the part /have the part # for what I will be replacing? Is it the power lock actuator or some form of lock assembly? (93 lx 2 door, power locks, with driver side door stuck shut from inside & out)

The first video posted the guy has the door open and as of now that is not a possibility for me. It is impossible to get the door to open without going through all of the latch mechanism destruction right?

Has anyone actually successfully done the method in the 2nd video posted? I see in the comments briansmobile says that method does not always work and you can only access the feet he is talking about when the latch is out of the car, which I don't see how I could do that without the door being open?

If anyone ever decided to make a video showing how to fix this problem from start to finish, with a door that is stuck closed, you would be doing the biggest favor to so many people. I would certainly be willing to donate to someone who is willing to do that even if I get mine fixed up before it happens because I feel like there are so many people out there with this problem.

1990CB730, I have actually seen/heard of this several times now. People try to drill it out where youtube videos instruct and end up basically just destroying the entire mechanism eventually trying to get it out. I would really like to avoid that scenario if possible.

fleetw00d I am in TN.

Comment

I drilled mine out, it wasn't that bad. I couldn't move the latch with a screwdriver so I pretty much said f it and drilled through the entire thing. You don't have to take the seat out and the door panel comes of with a couple of screws and clips.

The door lock actuator is what you are looking for, for power locks of course.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            I drilled mine out, it wasn't that bad. I couldn't move the latch with a screwdriver so I pretty much said f it and drilled through the entire thing. You don't have to take the seat out and the door panel comes of with a couple of screws and clips.

The door lock actuator is what you are looking for, for power locks of course.
            Thanks

I just figured it would be a super mega PITA to work on it without the seat out and really hard to get the door panel off?

So unless anyone knows any different technique, based on looking at what seems to be about everything available, my plan will be to get a new/another actuator part and then go about busting the old one apart to get it to release (for reference of anyone looking at this later). Whenever I get around to making this happen I will do my best to take some pictures or video and report back but it might be a while before it happens.

Comment

Well guys, got a little good news and a little bad news.

My car is at the mechanic right now. The driver side door is open. I believe he had to pretty much ruin the door lock mechanism to get it to to open. So now I have a door that will open but it won't close, irony I know, haha. However, I am and at the same time.

Here is the bad news. I can't find the part I need to replace it. The best answer I have a found is a place like http://www.hondapartswholesaledirect...-fr-power-door

and they all seem to want about $250 for the part. I have extensively googled, checked ebay, searched forums, called parts stores and no one seems to carry the part. I have found after market replacements for a 94 but not a 93(new and less than $50 to boot )! I am begging, if anyone knows of a place that has this part please please let me know. The conundrum here is that I would really really like to replace it with either a new one of some kind or at the very least something that has been refurbished. I honestly just can't afford to pay for one pulled from another car and risk it breaking again. So I beg and plea, if you know anything please please let me know.

Many thanks in advance

Comment

I got mine at picknpull when it happened to me. I just replaced it with another one from a cb7 and made sure to always use graphite lubricant/grease on the door latch/striker to increase its longevity.

Comment

Get the part number and plug it into amazon. I picked them up for around $70 new oem
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by 93lx2.2manual View Post
                    Well guys, got a little good news and a little bad news.

My car is at the mechanic right now. The driver side door is open. I believe he had to pretty much ruin the door lock mechanism to get it to to open. So now I have a door that will open but it won't close, irony I know, haha. However, I am and at the same time.

Here is the bad news. I can't find the part I need to replace it. The best answer I have a found is a place like http://www.hondapartswholesaledirect...-fr-power-door

and they all seem to want about $250 for the part. I have extensively googled, checked ebay, searched forums, called parts stores and no one seems to carry the part. I have found after market replacements for a 94 but not a 93(new and less than $50 to boot )! I am begging, if anyone knows of a place that has this part please please let me know. The conundrum here is that I would really really like to replace it with either a new one of some kind or at the very least something that has been refurbished. I honestly just can't afford to pay for one pulled from another car and risk it breaking again. So I beg and plea, if you know anything please please let me know.

Many thanks in advance
                    I assume you don't want anyone's personal help from having no location shown. I have gone to many junk yards that had doors smashed and most with no outside or in side handles...I just reach in and pull the rod. Poof..opened door. Now that you got the door opened...what's the problem? remove the latch and go to the junk yard wherever you are and see if there is a similar car there. If not...if you can remove the part and show it here..somebody may have the part or can get it for you. Pictures will help. Asking is good...Showing the part and asking is better...include your location and I'm sure you'll get a lot of help.
                    My 2½¢

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                    New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                    My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Silver shadow, im in TN. The car is at my mechanic which is 2hrs away from me or I would have pictures. Maybe he will have the old part or the box for the new part so I can post a picture of it later for anyone who might happen upon this thread.

Ultimately, after hours upon hours of searching, I just went ahead and told my mechanic to order the part, it will be right around $250. But this car has been so good to me that I think it deserves it and boy will it be a TREAT not to have to climb in from the passenger side anymore.

I really appreciate everyone's help on here, you all helped me save a perfectly good cb7 that was destined for the scrap yard

Comment

Might be too late. You now have the requisite number of posts to get into the classifieds here. Check there (which post might I recommend?) and be specific about what you need (coupe or sedan)?
                        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I ultimately didn't feel comfortable taking this job on myself. Some people said you had to cut the B pillar, some said you had to drill it out, some said do NOT drill it out. I just wan't comfortable so I ended up taking it to my mechanic. He essentially used another door to find the precise spot to drill to get it unlocked then he took the entire old mechanism out and replaced it with a brand new one (Honda parts dealer from Atlanta, can probably dig them up if someone needs the part). I think the part actually cost about the same as the labor and I think he was generous on the labor (came in under $500 - dealer wanted like $1400 and another 'reputable' mechanic wanted $1200 and was going to replace it with a re-manufactured part).

Sad thing is now my buddy with a 92 accord just had his door latch do the SAME THING! He doesn't have the cash to take it to the mechanic and came to about the same conclusion I did. Who knows which way is the right way to do it without damaging the door? (I plan to ask my mechanic how he did it but I now live several hours away from him so not sure when that will happen)

I posted in the thread in the DIY section and hope it helps some people with the problem or leads some brave soul to show us how its done. Anywhoo, here is the link with the original repair method I found and then I added the others I found. http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=52477&page=2

p.s. Can't leave this out of any of my posts, the ol 93 that was headed for scrap metal is now pushing 300K

God speed to anyone who finds this thread in a search, I hope it helps lead you to a door that opens (whatttt?, crazy right?)

Comment

Working...
                          X