Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need engine info please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need engine info please.

Hey guys I was wonder what is the difference between all the F22's. I have heard all kinds of things. I have a FA22A1 and was wondering if swapping parts from other f22's will help my power of what they do. I am thinking I may want to turbo but I also like the idea of all motor.

Do you mean all F22s or all F22As?

While most people don't prefer wiki for information purposes, you might find this useful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_f_engine

However adding parts from other F engines alone isn't going to turn your car into a speed demon, at least not reliably.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

When you ask questions like this you make it completely obvious that you didn't do any searching whatsoever. This forum has been around for a long time and has all of your answers very easily accessible. Your time spent here will be much more enjoyable if you stop being lazy and use the information here to its ability.

The F22A1 is the baseline F22A engine offered in the US and Canada and makes 125hp.

The F22A4 is different only in the fact that it has a tubular header in a 4-2-1 design and slightly larger diameter exhaust. It makes 130hp with those differences.

The F22A6 uses a more aggressive camshaft, a dual-runner intake manifold, a cast 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, windbags tray and oil cooler on the automatics. It uses the PT6 ECU to accommodate these changes. It makes 140hp.

There are plenty of other upgrades you can do to bump power but I'll leave discovering them to you.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thank you guys that was informative.

You are right I did not use the search feature. There a two reasons for that:
        1. Every time I have used the search I got a lot of crap that was not helpful. (I am talking about other sites)
        2. I am trying to get more post up so I can experience the full potential of this site.

I do want to make more power that is reliable. I am on an extreme budget. My wife doesn't understand why I want to change my car. Then again she isn't a gear head.

I do not want to go crazy with power. It will be a daily driver. When I do start building my engine I will but an used block and build it from the oil pan up.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordRulz View Post

1. Every time I have used the search I got a lot of crap that was not helpful. (I am talking about other sites)
          2. I am trying to get more post up so I can experience the full potential of this site.

I do want to make more power that is reliable. I am on an extreme budget. My wife doesn't understand why I want to change my car. Then again she isn't a gear head.

I do not want to go crazy with power. It will be a daily driver. When I do start building my engine I will but an used block and build it from the oil pan up.
          put in the a6 cam along with the pt6 ecu. then swap out your a6 runners along with the iab black box. then get you an h23 TB and plenum and an ebay header and downpipe or just an a4 header and downpipe you should make about 30 more horse IIRC
          visit vgruk

Comment

The post count feature does not exist simply to be circumvented. I understand your point, but don't. You'll be there soon enough following the rules and conventions.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordRulz View Post

There is no such thing as the "full potential" of this site. You can read every topic on the boards, you just can't post in all of them. If you had 30 posts all I'd be doing is answering the same stuff you're asking now, just in a different forum. Also use this forum's search feature and I promise if you invest 5-10 minutes of looking you can find your answers.

If you are on an "extreme budget" then you're going to find yourself disappointed by adding the parts RyanD suggested. At best you're maybe looking at around 130whp after a good tune. If that's not what you had in mind you might want to put your money into that used block first.

To also add to Jarrett's comment, if we do catch you spamming up the Beginner's Section, your count can be reset. So keep that in mind. Trust me 30 posts will come sooner than you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                put in the a6 cam along with the pt6 ecu. then swap out your a6 runners along with the iab black box. then get you an h23 TB and plenum and an ebay header and downpipe or just an a4 header and downpipe you should make about 30 more horse IIRC
                Hey RyanD, if u put just the A6 cam WITHOUT the pt6 ECU, what kind(s) of problems will happen?

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
                Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

nothing will happen lol
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by EleanorWilson
                    It is not advised to directly bolt on a turbo on a natural aspirated engine. Since company fitted turbo engines have strengthened engine parts like crankshafts, valves etc, retrofitting a turbo may not give desirable results unless you work on those components as well. This will be quite time consuming and may expensive too, hence you may get a replacement engine from the likes of spam.net/usedengines which will be quite affordable and be assured with a warranty too.
                    I hope you're not advertising for a vendor here.....

Comment

So cb7tuner turned into this new country that's being dictated?...

OP-I/H/E

Intake header and exhaust...combined with F22A6s camshaft, intake manifold and ECU then you'll have a fun little car.

A stock F22A1 is slow compared to a F22A6 with bolt ons...

Then again you slap a P12 ECU on a F22A1 you'll get a little torquey monster...but we haven't gotten there yet have we

.......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

In order to make power reliably you have to spend money. Bolting on intakes and headers, swapping cams and ECU's may get you 15-20 Hp. Hardly what I would call a big gain for your time invested. This is all depending on the health of your engine to begin with.

If you want big power for your money... start doing some research into forged pistons and a turbo setup.
                        Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-21-2013, 05:22 PM.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Don't forget about the tune you can do all those mods listed but without a tune it will be worse than stock chipped and tuned p28 will always make some extra power with a good tuner

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                            What's up with this thread attracting all the used engine website spam?
                            Handled.

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
                              So cb7tuner turned into this new country that's being dictated?...
                              And that means... what?

Comment

Working...
                              X