Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What kind of head can i use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of head can i use?

I need to know what kind of head i can put in my car without needing to buy ANYTHING. i have a 1991 honda accord with a F22a1 block and head. i got all the valves re seated and it smokes white smoke like crazy now. i just need to buy a new head and make it run fine. what kind of head can i put on it.

f22a
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      f22a
      lol. is that the only head i can use? i

Comment

With out more involved work yes any F22aX can be used the only real difference is the f22a6 cam, the A6 valve springs are only 1-2lbs stronger than a F22a1/4. In short the F22aX heads are the same castings.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

The F22B DOHC head is pretty much a direct swap as well... but the cost of obtaining and installing it would be damn near the cost of simply buying a full F22B and swapping it in.

Don't do headswaps. They have little to offer for our engines. If you want the head, buy the whole engine.

Comment

Find out why getting white smoke before doing anything if it was me.
            A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by buyars View Post
              I need to know what kind of head i can put in my car without needing to buy ANYTHING. i have a 1991 honda accord with a F22a1 block and head. i got all the valves re seated and it smokes white smoke like crazy now. i just need to buy a new head and make it run fine. what kind of head can i put on it.
              Did it smoke right away?, How long did you run the engine for after the reinstall? What was the reason for the valve job? Did you check head and block for cracks before the install? Did you check for warpage? Use a good quality gasket set and torque to specs using the correct sequence and a good torque wrench?

Comment

Originally posted by buyars View Post
                it smokes white smoke like crazy now.
                Sounds like oil is getting into places it shouldn't. Do you have oil on your spark plugs? Try replacing the spark plug well seals under and above the rocker arm assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                  Sounds like oil is getting into places it shouldn't. Do you have oil on your spark plugs? Try replacing the spark plug well seals under and above the rocker arm assembly.
                  white smoke is usually coolant...kinda similiar to starting and warming your car up in the morning (whats warming up?)
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                  X