Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Code 43 wont stay away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code 43 wont stay away

So I keep getting code 43. Replaced o2 sensor, came back, replaced it with another new o2 sensor, still coming on. Denso O2 sensor btw. I've also replaced the fuel strainer and fuel filter and ran multiple cans of fuel system cleaner through the car in the last few thousand miles. Is there anything else you guys would suggest I try?

i will start with the most common: have you reset the ecu? pull the neg batt cable off and pull the hazard fuse and wait for 10 min.

if you have done that try replacing your fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail
    visit vgruk

Comment

Check the wiring to the sensor, as well as the wiring to all electrical fuel components. Code 43 is USUALLY an o2 sensor code, but occasionally it does indicate a problem with the fuel system itself (I've only seen one confirmed instance of that on here, but one is enough.)

Also, if you can get your hands on another ECU to try, do that. It's not likely, but it's possible that the ECU itself may be malfunctioning.

Comment

alright I will check everything and update back

Comment

My money is on the fact that you need to reset the ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            My money is on the fact that you need to reset the ECU.
            Mine to I've been there
            visit vgruk

Comment

He seems to have done a pretty thorough job of things to this point, so I would think he'd have thought to reset the ECU!

Then again, I was pulling my hair out once when my car wouldn't start... only to find that my ignition switch was unplugged! Dumb oversights DO occur, I suppose!

Comment

it should go off by itself, even obd2 cel will clear itself after a drive cycle/monitor completion
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

question....

Hi there, i'm going through this right now..........

there are two 02 sensors, how do you know which one to replace? 2nd quest, does it hurt car to drive like this for a week? It does reset everytime i park, then about 20 mins into drive comes back. This has been going on for the last 2 days......... up to that point it was once in early March, and then started 2 weeks ago....Thanks!

Comment

There is only one o2 sensor.

Comment

Working...
                    X