Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cooling fans always on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well then, we will try this way, found this last night and now have a clearer picture here is a diagram showing the link between ecu and fans . ECU ports ACS85 grounds the A/C relay and FANH A12 grounds both the A/C relay directly and the cooling fan (radiator switch on the diagram) indirectly through the Timer. So I think that the dblue wire from the timer (or to the timer) that i cut is linked to port ACS85 and when I cut it broke the ground to th A/C relay and that fan shut down. So armed with this new info I believe that it is either the ECU at fault or possibly the heater A/C control in dash that is signaling the ECU......holy smokes, is this ever a complicated way to run a fan...Now that I have a clearer picture of this and a freshly charged battery in the ohm meter lets see if we cant narrow this down....
    Last edited by halcyon; 04-15-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Then, it is as good as trouble solved.
      A&P-IA

Comment

here is another schematic showing a diode in the mix http://repairguide.autozone.com/znet...528005fa2d.gif
        well, after disconnecting the ecu the fan timer, the heater control panel, both thermoswitches, the A/C relay and the cooling fan relay the blue wire that grounds everything is still going to ground somehow
        As this circuit runs from the ECU to the heater panel to the fan timer through the firewall and to the underhood fuse panel and also up to the A/c relays short of replacing the whole harness gonna be tough to find the cause. maybe the diode btween the condensor fan relay and the heater panel switch?

Comment

Finally,....solved the problem. After taking the dash apart, to trace wiring from fan timer to the ecu via the heater panel could find no visible issues with the harness. So to be sure I cut the bue wires (ground) at each component in the cabin and still the wires were going to ground. So next I went under the hood. Followed the same procedure to all components and still had the same results. At this point I decided to install a completely new, simple circuit to run the cooling fans using new relays etc and the existing switches which I already had tested and confirmed good. 30 minutes later I had it all wired up,tuned the key on and bamm, on come the fans . OK, I said to myself, the only thing old is the green plug to the thermo switch. so I cut the plug out, tested with the ohm meter and ......proceeded to dismantle #%@^& plug cleaned the dielectric crud out and discovered that someone (as in not me) most probably using a test light, had mangled the crimp portions of the pins and they where in contact with each other. A poke with probe and a little dab of silicon and good as new, problerm solved. 2 hours of reassembling the interior and returning the underhood to stock and now back to the previous owners complaint of intermittant temperature spikes at idle . So now onto replacing the thermostat and, fingers crossed that will be an easy fix.

Comment

Working...
          X