Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h23 lower manifold question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h23 lower manifold question

i was working on cleaning/drilling my egr ports from my h23 untill i notice some holes on the top, inside the manifold .. just wanted too know is this normal ? or are the holes coming from the ports of the egr? or did i just screw up my manifold

.... ill try too post some pics asap... just need some answers ..

Hard to answer without seeing what it is that you are referring to.

I am going to say that they are EGR ports, but that's going at it completely blind. There are 6 EGR ports on the top side of the lower manifold that require you to drill and tap them.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

They look like vtec oil sqiurters but on the topside of the manifold ((looking from the part where the manifold meets the head)) ... im guessing it is the egr port? i just wanted to know if im doing the job right ... or did i go a lil too far with the drill?

this is not the manifold just showing an example of where the holes are theres 6 holes by the way... im trying to put everything back this week if anyone can help??
      Last edited by cb7h23; 04-10-2013, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that's normal. All the exhaust gases flow through those 1/8" (or there abouts, from memory) holes, 1 hole for each runner. Then you have the other 2 which are where it branches off, then you should have a 7th on the end on the d/s by the BMC to get down the line w/ a bore brush or pipe cleaner. But obviously you do not want to make those small holes bigger, so do not drill too far down.

Comment

Thanks, i gratefully appreciate the info. I just finshed drilling/cleaning it and just cap them off with allen-head screw caps( looks oem) ...im also going 2 use bisimoto heat-shield gasket... hopefully the weather gets better this weekend .
          Last edited by cb7h23; 04-12-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7h23 View Post
            Thanks, i gratefully appreciate the info. I just finshed drilling/cleaning it and just cap them off with allen-head screw caps( looks oem) ...im also going 2 use bisimoto heat-shield gasket... hopefully the weather gets better this weekend .
            I have one suggestion for you; use extended studs and make sure you re-install the block/manifold brace. when I installed my h23 manifold with the bisi gasket, the studs were BARELY long enough to fully engage with the nuts. I also forgot to reinstall the brace and about two months later the far passenger-side stud and corner of the intake manifold both broke off causing all the coolant to puke out on the road.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

^That is a great suggestion. I've seen you post this info afew times over the years and it's the reason why I always tell people to run the brace! I've seen quite afew swaps where it wasn't used

Comment

Do you really have too extend the bolts on the intake while using this gasket?? N I also know about brace had a friend manifold flyout because of it ...

Comment

Working...
                X